Tool safe recommendation?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I like to think my workshop is quite secure and it does have a separate room in it which is the lock up but I'm going to get one of the tool safe/ van vault type chests to bolt to the floor inside the lock up to make it a bit harder for anyone who does break in.

There seems to be plenty available and they all look similar, it's really just to chuck some power tools in, they won't be in their boxes so it doesn't need to be massive.

Anybody got any recommendations?

Was thinking maybe one of these?

https://www.toolstation.com/van-gua...EXWq6LOWhhtPaxfpJNBoCeK8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

but I'm going to get one of the tool safe/ van vault type chests to bolt to the floor inside the lock up to make it a bit harder
They are made for mobile use in vans, as you are looking for a fixed solution then the final weight is not an issue so look for a local metal fabricator to knock a box up using steel plate and internal hinges. As for the lock and hasp arrangement there is only one choice and that is abloy. Problem today is the cordless grinder, a gift to the scumbags they could not have dreamed off !

They are made for mobile use in vans, as you are looking for a fixed solution then the final weight is not an issue so look for a local metal fabricator to knock a box up using steel plate and internal hinges. As for the lock and hasp arrangement there is only one choice and that is abloy. Problem today is the cordless grinder, a gift to the scumbags they could not have dreamed off !

I have been hanging on as I was hoping to get one off a local builder when he retired but unfortunately he has decided to hang on to them. He has two which look like someone made for him, the corners are chunky angle iron with steel plate welded between and finished with red lead paint. What I liked about them were the internal measurements which are just over 2' x 4' so would take 6 systainers perfectly. What I didn't like was the weight of the lids and the fact they had no kind of stay to keep them open, if the lid dropped down while you were reaching in it would be like a guillotine 😬

What I didn't like was the weight of the lids and the fact they had no kind of stay to keep them open, if the lid dropped down while you were reaching in it would be like a guillotine
You could have fitted one or two tailgate struts from a car, that would allow smooth closing without the guillotine effect.

Back