Tool! :-) New Nova / Record Power 1624 Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Having listened to lots of advice and bumped my budget four fold, I finally finished assembling my new Nova 1624 today. Happy to say that all seems well and it runs beautifully.

Next job, variable speed controller!

Nice one Tom, I am looking forward to seeing some stuff!! :)

I still haven't decided what to get, though the decision isn't urgent til I have found a new home for the stuff that occupies the space where it will go. Let us know how you get on with it.

If it is anything like the 1624 , that I had you will not be disappointed it broke me heart to have to give it up .

I bought the V/S for mine from S.Haydock = Speed Genie . and in the 4 yrs. I had it never had a problem with it.

I hope you have as much enjoyment as I did . You will read of the max. turning dimensions you can achieve and

I used mine to the limits and never had a problem .

Best of luck

Like this Boysie :wink:

Blister10102010007.jpg

Blisterburroakbowl002-1.jpg

Blisterburroakbowl013.jpg

Blisterburroakbowl018.jpg

Do you still have this piece we turned Boysie :wink:

Grrrr I've spent far too long adding the outrigger this afternoon! I had 'orrible problems with one of the bolts, however it will all be worth it in around 20 years if I can turn a chunky piece like that! Love it.

I bought the same thing last week and must say I'm chuffed to bits with it. It's far more solid than my old one and with the outrigger as well I dont think I'll run out of capacity anytime soon. I took a run down to Stiles and Bates to pick mine up and as usual came out with more than I went in for. Now all I have to do is change all my 1mt fittings for 2mt but managed to sell a few bits on ebay and plan on replacing on an as required basis. I did however change my chuck for a Nova and managed to get an insert for the Dakota chuck I got from Rutlands a while ago so no need to change that. My jacobs chuck was a case of changing the arbor so thats done and I can live with the drive and revolving centre the 1624 came with for a while although I have got a sleeve to reduce the 2mt to 1mt so should be fine for a while. It took me a while to decide which lathe to go for but for me it came down to a few things, firstly size - it had to fit in a limited space and the 1624 is compact. I looked at the variable speed options but having seen the after market options for an upgrade decided I could live with the belt change for another year or so but the speed genie is definately on my shopping list for next year.
So far not needed the full capacity as a few 'weed vases' are hardly a test for the machine but looking forward to turning a few larger items in the future. Now back to the workshop to finish this months challange.

Regards and I hope you enjoy your new toy as much as I do.

Steve

Blister":1gdu1wzc said:

Like this Boysie :wink:

Blister10102010007.jpg

Blisterburroakbowl002-1.jpg

Blisterburroakbowl013.jpg

Blisterburroakbowl018.jpg

Do you still have this piece we turned Boysie :wink:

Surly do Allen it will always be here after all it was a joint venture with you and me. It stands like a backdrop on the counter ,the splits have stopped and it still looks great .

Latest posts

Back