Tool-net problems - Grumble grumble

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishandchips

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a heads up about this company's customer services and accounts. I am sure a lot of you have probably used them with no problems in the past but I always judge a company on how they act when things go wrong and this company didn't do too well with me so far.

I ordered a tablesaw on the 27th of Nov. The website said all products are in stock unless the description says otherwise, it didn't so I took it the saw was in stock.

6 days later I emailed them exited to know what day my delivery might be and they emailed back saying the saw was not in stock and they where expecting delivery in 12 days. I was a bit miffed I had to contact them for this information especially after 6 days, why didn't they call me or send me a quick email?

Anyway I found another website who was £25 more expensive but they had the saw in stock so I ordered from them and cancelled my order with tool-net, tool-net said they would refund my PayPal payment within 3 to 5 working days. It's now over a week and they still have not refunded so I have started a PayPal dispute.

Not impressed.

I do however have a shiny new saw that I absolutely happy with so not alls bad :)

Garry.

It's no consolation to you but from past experience I know that PayPal refunds can take a while, even up to 10 days, from when they are initiated.

Great. Thanks for that Roger. Looks like I am only person in my family getting a preside this year because I already have the saw!

Considering they have not even refunded yet I might not get refunded before Christmas.

That will be 4 or 5 weeks from the initial order.

I would have called them to make sure it was in stock but their website was clear! "It's in stock unless the description says otherwise".

Happy Christmas Tool-net.........

Latest posts

Back