How long should I wait(Machine delivery content)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Standard pallets are 1mx1m and my doorway is 800mm. Plus the depot has said they're probably going to dump it on the pavement outside the house and from there its up to me,
I think I'd sooner that sort of thing, rather than a real nice person who'd go out of their way and help you bring inside.... when dealing with a returned item.
Get real familiar with the machine if you can, I imagine it's sold under many a name.
Have a video recording, prob best off,
if not photos of whole thing on the driveway, if possible.

Not sure if it's the same practice as I've read on many's a forum, but some have mentioned this,
If you sign off on the delivery, then it's your problem now.

Just incase the machine has been through this occurrence before/since the original date of purchase.
Even the outside of the box might be very telling.

Apologies for being a little suspicious by the lack of clarity of a return item.

Good luck
Tom

Pallet deliveries are normally "kerbside". I don't think they can just dump it on the pavement. They have to put it on your land "inside the gate" so to speak, but there will be scenarios where the machine is destined for the far end of the garden behind the house or down 3 miles of rutted farm track and a carrier can't accept an open ended commitment to putting it anywhere you choose. Even Axminster's own transport won't do that.

On the plus side, 50Kg is nothing in machinery terms. 25Kg (i.e. one end at a time) is an average one man lift, but have some blocks to put underneath as the carrier sets it down. It will make it easier to get a dolly or some rollers under it for moving.
Most likely it will come in a tail lift Luton and the delivery chap will have a pallet jack with him so you'll get get it close to where you need it.

I find in a lot of situations you can get the guy who will do the absolute minimum and stick to the company rules and not exceed them by a mm or 16th for the imperial crew lol 😂 or the guy who will move heaven and earth to achieve your delivery- my b s was delivered via the latter as the driver had to park about 100mtrs away and dragged it Along on a pallet truck - he then pulled it up the path and got it within a few feet of the communal entrance the flats . He even apologised he physically couldn’t get it any further not because of the usual h/s stuff but the door entrance itself. Needless to say he got a 5 star ⭐️ review and I even phoned his company to pass on my thanks. My b s was around 120 kilos including the pallet. As above a good dolley or truck will soon sort it out -a friend or neighbour to help is even better..👍👍

Arrived FINALLY. And thank goodness we got a driver willing to help out.
Not only did he not follow company protocol and dump it on the kerbside, but used a narrow pallet and got it into the house.
He then went further above and beyond to lift the sander off its pallet(it was bolted to the pallet) and place it on a wheeled trolley I'd made that afternoon, to be able to easily wheel it into the workshop.
Workshop not set up, but he also offered to carry it in there and put it on any surface i wanted. I declined that, just the trolley was fine.

Its now tucked out the way in a spare room till the trauma of all this has subsided, and i can build something to sit it on.

So top marks to the driver and the dunces cap and stand in the corner to Axminster.

Not only did he not follow company protocol and dump it on the kerbside, but used a narrow pallet and got it into the house.
He then went further above and beyond to lift the sander off its pallet(it was bolted to the pallet) and place it on a wheeled trolley I'd made that afternoon, to be able to easily wheel it into the workshop.
Workshop not set up, but he also offered to carry it in there and put it on any surface i wanted. I declined that, just the trolley was fine.

Its now tucked out the way in a spare room till the trauma of all this has subsided, and i can build something to sit it on.

So top marks to the driver and the dunces cap and stand in the corner to Axminster.
Good to hear of a positive outcome and even better that the driver went above and beyond 👍👍👍

do you have a time limit to check its all there and working ok , before it becomes an issue

do you have a time limit to check its all there and working ok , before it becomes an issue
Good point. The return expiry is the 25 June, so about a fortnight.
Obviously its should be a month but for the delays Ax caused.

But I'll give it a check over the next couple of days. Easy to set up the small extractor onto it and run through a small board.

Nice when you get a helpful driver. Makes you want to use the courier again.

I had a very helpful driver , when we had tiles delivered on a pallet - they where happy to bring around the house , but did mentioned NO insurance cover so if anything happened it would be done to me.

Back