Tool chest challenge - saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All
Been thinking through this one....
All you need is a dovetail saw and a tenon saw, right, because you can use the bandsaw. Had a look at what I use and.....
http://www.philsville.co.uk/saws.htm
Couldn't get by without the little Jap saw, thats brill. Oh, and the jewelers saw for dovetails. Mind you, that big Jap saw for rough cutting timber. Oh and the crosscut back saw has its uses.....
So Alf, what you gotta have, put in! Personally a pad saw is little use for me, but it wont take up huge amounts of space.
Hope this vaguely helps
Philly :D
P.s. did you see the NYW the other day-had the Studley toolbox featured!!! NICE!

I apologise, folks. I unwittingly seem to have opened up a Gloat Window for Philly. Mea culpa... :wink: I used to have one of those Ikedame saws; very handy and a good starter saw for the budget-restricted.

Mike, well I don't mind cross cutting so much, and I can see occasions when a powered saw isn't going to be an option, so I'll think on't.

Cheers, Alf

Mike, well I don't mind cross cutting so much, and I can see occasions when a powered saw isn't going to be an option, so I'll think on't.

well... if I've managed to thump up the thinkin, my job's done.. :wink:

Latest posts

Back