Pull-saws at lidl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyr

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple of nice-looking and (tried them out) performing, japanese-style pull-saws from lidl - long blades - lovely long cord-wrapped wood handle - one edged 'crosscut-saw' is 18 tpi and the two-edged one 18 tpi on crosscut side, a progressive 10tpi to 7tpi on the rip-cut.

looking good for £7 each (mind you, later today I went to Albert's junkyard and got 2 fine old tenon-type saws for a fiver - sharp, set and just a little surface rust (Sheffield made about 70 years ago but " punters only buy the brass-backed type, not steel-backed")
nipponsaw.jpg

Last edited:
Dont know them specifically, and prefer pull to push.

The concept of pull versus push is just logical innit. Those Japanese carpenters are clever chaps.

never seen those here as I'd buy a couple......
Lidil do sell a twin pack of plastic handled pull saws.....
only 8-10"....very fine teeth....oh so sharp.....prob st/steel......very thin.....
be lost without em so just bough another pack....€7....

I bought a couple. I didn't know what to expect as to quality, but at less than 14 quid not much of a gamble.
Really impressed. Very sharp, and work well.

Went into Lidl today to buy the little pack of hooks they have this week for £2.99
Came out with one of each pullsaws (Wombwell, South Yorkshire branch - about 10ish left this morning), and a new small tefal frying pan. Cost me £37 in total :) Quality is OK, not as good as the WH ones I have, but about a 3rd of the price.

All i need now is the wetsuit and welder and i will have completed the lidldealdidee song.

I have an utterly unreasonable for a plasma cutter....

The pull saws i've bought in the past have been very usable.

I have an utterly unreasonable for a plasma cutter....

The pull saws i've bought in the past have been very usable.
I notice the plasma cutters are now the parkside proffessional range, and no longer run on the standard domestic power supply, which makes them even stranger than ever to find in a supermarket

I bought a couple of nice-looking and (tried them out) performing, japanese-style pull-saws from lidl - long blades - lovely long cord-wrapped wood handle - one edged 'crosscut-saw' is 18 tpi and the two-edged one 18 tpi on crosscut side, a progressive 10tpi to 7tpi on the rip-cut.

looking good for £7 each (mind you, later today I went to Albert's junkyard and got 2 fine old tenon-type saws for a fiver - sharp, set and just a little surface rust (Sheffield made about 70 years ago but " punters only buy the brass-backed type, not steel-backed")View attachment 166018

Nipped to the Meersbrook branch this afternoon....no joy.
Might try the Chesterfield branch tomorrow....

They were in 2 weeks ago in meersbrook branch I got a ryoba and dozuki and several f clamps
That would explain it, then! I thought they were newly released...
I do recall seeing a few f-clamps there if you're wanting any more!
Had to smile as I wandered along, saw a shelf-edge-label stating "Japanese knives"....they were wallpaper scrapers!

I went into the Sprowston branch yesterday but no saws 😢 too much other useful stuff - including ‘angle grinder accessories’. At £4.99, a pack of 4 diamond cutting blades. Even if they are made of green cheese gotta be useful?

My thoughts on Lidil stuff
under a fiver just bin it if it's rubbish....over a fiver it goes back.......all reciepts are taped to the box which is kept on my mez floor.....
nothing has gone back yet......
been waiting for a Plasma cutter for nearly four years.......
a friend found one and bought it as a suprise.....

Just to understand here, there are no cut price box stores certainly no B+Q's.....
everything is a mum n dad store pretty much......
Only one proff tool store within a 2,5hr drive and everything Ive looked at is double the price of UK/Germany.....
anything I buy comes from Germany....not import duty's.......
would love to support the local ecom but not at those prices......
thats why Lidil doe's OK.....they sell out rapidly on most tools....
cant get a true answer but I guess there's 1/2 million people to share 3 Lidils......No Aldi's here.....

My thoughts on Lidil stuff
under a fiver just bin it if it's rubbish....over a fiver it goes back.......all reciepts are taped to the box which is kept on my mez floor.....
nothing has gone back yet......
been waiting for a Plasma cutter for nearly four years.......
a friend found one and bought it as a suprise.....

Just to understand here, there are no cut price box stores certainly no B+Q's.....
everything is a mum n dad store pretty much......
Only one proff tool store within a 2,5hr drive and everything Ive looked at is double the price of UK/Germany.....
anything I buy comes from Germany....not import duty's.......
would love to support the local ecom but not at those prices......
thats why Lidil doe's OK.....they sell out rapidly on most tools....
cant get a true answer but I guess there's 1/2 million people to share 3 Lidils......No Aldi's here.....
Shame you've got no Aldis(hofer here in Austria) Aldi used to do a lot of Ferrex tools which are actually very good and a gift for the price. Using 40 volt batteries on the cordless stuff means it usually has enough power and has saved my back in the gardeing chores. Parkside stuff is a bit hit and miss but not bad. I picked up a paint finish thickness meter for 12 € All I have to do now is find a use for it!!
Cheers
Andrew

Back