Todays effort

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shape,nice finish - and nice repair job :D (another piece saved )

How do you find time during the week ?

Andrew

Thanks Andrew.
This is the piece i started a few weeks ago and that split.So i thought i would do something just to finish it off. :wink:
Paul.J

Paul, I think that as a beginner, finishing off or making the most of something that has proved a disappointment along the way is worthwhile.

I found that as the piece was 'bin' fodder as such, it took all inhibitions away and allowed a more extreme 'suck it and see' approach to final shape finish etc. which built up the confidence quickly.

And invariably the piece was, if not presented as some esoteric art form, at least useable in some context.

You're right Chas.

'cos I haven't actually bought any wood yet, just scrounged and reycled I haven't been too worried about making a mess of things so have experimented and fiddled. I was given a nice piece of mahogany and stood there for a minute before daring to put gouge to wood....daft innit!! :lol:

Pete

Bodrighy":2i9pma78 said:
...snip.. I was given a nice piece of mahogany and stood there for a minute before daring to put gouge to wood....daft innit!! :lol:
Pete

Not at All, I have a beautiful hunk of Maple Burl given as a present and still can't make up my mind how to shape it, :? or is it the thought of all that figuring going to waste as shavings :roll: :oops:

Bodrighy wrote
I was given a nice piece of mahogany and stood there for a minute before daring to put gouge to wood....daft innit!!

I think this is the difference from using offcuts or whatever and using a nice piece that as been bought,or given.You don't want to spoil it by doing silly mistakes.If it's a scrap piece it don't matter :roll:
All down to confidence i suppose.
Paul.J.

Back