To whomever is stealing my pencils..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this problem for years - until I woke up !
There are two types of pencils, ones with legs and ones without.
The legs are really tiny but they work really well. And they know how to hide.
Put a small screw eye and attach a piece of string to those that have legs !
Or screw 'em down on the bench!!!! 🤣

It's a Hitchhiker's Guid reference, albeit not very well executed...

(the answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe & Everything is 42; this answer is also meaningless without knowing the Ultimate Question...)
Never watched that - but thanks for the 'useless' info.! ;)

Picked up a toolstation extra catalogue today and they have got Tracer markers in stock now so just poped the tracer proscribe and complete marking kit on my family present list wont missplace them will have pride of place on my toolwall

Sad to see this is a widespread issue. Potentially with enough signatures we could get this debated in parliament and see if it can be solved!

Sad to see this is a widespread issue. Potentially with enough signatures we could get this debated in parliament and see if it can be solved!
We could, but it will cause a u-turn so it's not 2B

Toying with the idea of attaching my tracer to a bungee secured to the centre of the ceiling in my garage..one that’s just long enough to reach all parts of the garage but not long enough to leave it..

I have recently tried storing pencils inside a box of razor blades.
Expected to find lots of mice or "pencil feet." But no.
Herself has started to show some fine cuts on her finger tips ?
I think I need a new plan !

My new pencil is covered with bright yellow labels, with wifely-written humorous comments on them about not losing it, and behind ear placement (ironically, the labels make it too scratchy for ear-mounting). So far I've only lost it once, admittedly for about a fortnight.

When I was in Junior school I set off home and realised I had lost my pencil. I found it eventually... In my hand!

There are two types of pencils in this world my friend. Those that come in through the door and those who get swept into the wheelbarrow.

I had this problem with both pencils and tape measures and initially tried to solve it by buying more of them, but that's not sustainable. I eventually found that even when not losing pencils I'd still get annoyed with "micro losses" where I had to hunt on 3 benches for where I last left it 2 minutes previously.

I bought a Toughbuilt Pouch that I keep one of each screwdriver, square, pencil, pen, callipers, ruler and push stick in. I clip it to my belt when I enter the workshop religiously and if a tool isn't in my hand it's back in the pouch. I've never lost a pencil (or anything else) since.

Latest posts

Back