To whomever is stealing my pencils..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try looking amongst your wood shavings, or behind your ear. I find bright fluorescent ones are easier to keep hold of.

I was having a tidy up a few weeks ago and found some covered in glitter in the back of a cupboard. Even that did not stop them spending a decade lost.

Get a Pica or Tracer pencil.
The little holster thing sits in your pocket, you just get used to putting it back every time and it has a little sharpener built in.
I have had one for over a year now.
Previously I was loosing 3 or 4 a week !

Ollie

Are you left with just the leads, might be mice taking the wood away for nesting, they leave the lead because of the health risk.
Mice like the pencil sharpenings.

I have a hand held or finger held sharpener.
I have used a desk mounted sharpener in the past but you have to be careful not to produce too much for the mice.
You can also use a Stanley knife but it is difficult to get a sharp point and best used for carpenters pencils.
If you are away from a pencil sharpener you can sharpen on a paving slab but the results are mixed.

But maybe we should not discuss pencil sharpening.

The solution is to only own ONE pencil.

We tend to take special care of those that we have only one of. In addition to certain parts of one's anatomy, the same applies to tape measures, Stanley knives, Phillips screwdrivers, chuck keys etc etc etc.

Ive been using mechanical pencils on and off for a few years, including tracers. My main gripe is the lead often breaks within the pencils if the pencils get dropped, which happens on building sites fairly regularly 😑 or at least it does to me!

In tesco, right before a new school term, they sell the staedler pencils on cheap, i always pick up a couple of packets and flood my boxes with spare pencils 😆

I had this problem for years - until I woke up !
There are two types of pencils, ones with legs and ones without.
The legs are really tiny but they work really well. And they know how to hide.
Put a small screw eye and attach a piece of string to those that have legs !

Back