To change or not to change?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'fraid I'm with the "change it" party as well.
Just a suggestion - since you've got a nice digital pic of the setup, why not look for a range of pics of different fireplaces + surrounds and try patching them in to the picture? That way, you could see what "looks more right".
Personally, I'd definitely go for something much lower and less domineering. That way, the white strips on either side would probably not matter so much and the superb bookcases would take over as the salient feature.

I think it's difficult to make a decision based on one wall, there are absolutely no clues as to how the rest of the room will be decorated and other furniture that you're going to put in there. Personally, I like the colour of the fire surround rather than the light oak.

To make up for my earlier sacrilegious remark how about this as a starting point?

mcluma fireplace 1.jpg

Attachments

• mcluma fireplace 1.jpg
    mcluma fireplace 1.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 49
Well...as the boss lady has a hammer in hand, I guess it was the fireplace or you that would get bashed :wink: :lol:
Hobsons choice!

Bob

Latest posts

Back