Tips on sleeping

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Maskery":26bgvgw2 said:
Christof
It's years since I slept properly, I'm often awake a t 3 or 4 and still awake when SWMBO's alram goes off at 6. I then get back to sleep and lose half the morning, or get up with her and feel knackered for the rest of the day.

I find drinking alcohol makes things worse (bummer).

But last Monday I had the best night's sleep I've had for YEARS. I couldn't believe how good I felt when I woke up. Why? I went dancing! I'd spent 3 hours on a ballroom floor learning Ceroc. It was great fun, good exercise and I slept like a log.

I reckon I'll be down to 10 stone by Christmas, too...

Cheers
Steve

Steve is the wife knackered as well? :)

I would avoid any caffeine 5 hours before sleep I will go for sleepy tea instead they sell diferent brand in the supermarket also read in bed before sleep a good Magazine or Book will do the trick other thing that help me a lot is a few deep breath when I wake up in the middle of the night givem e back the sleep, Ewe Coun sometimes help :)

I actually gave up caffeine altogether a few months ago after consulting my GP. The withdrawal symptoms were awful - you'd have thought I was giving up some sort of hard drug! Although I could return to caffeine now if I wished, I've decided not to. It may be a coincidence, but I feel so much better without it and my sleep pattern has also improved.

Gill

Thanks all for so many tips. last night I did sleep very well. I did as andycorleone said and stopped the coffee well before bed time. I also think that last week my mind was a bit of a mess due to the fact I was selling my car and the day a man rang to say he would buy it, I crashed it. Then, and even now, fighting with the insurance because they say it was my fault and it wasn't.

I also have a problem with dreaming. Every night I dream and every night I remember it. Always strange dreams about work, my life or my friends. When it gets really bad I wake up in shock and then it's hard to get back to sleep.

The strangest one was somebody had made a 1000 little mounds on plasticine on my flat roof and then stuck a match in each one ready to set on fire.. :shock: :shock: :shock:
What I need now is tips on how to stop dreaming
dream-1.gif

Mike Garnham":2bravmq3 said:
Yes, but Rich, eating late late and drinking regularly is a great way to end up obese!

Yes Mike, but I find that hard work counteracts this, when I left school in 69, I weighed 10 and 1/2 stone, 39 years later, my weight is still the same, it's all to do with metabolism, after my sunday roast lunch, I can just sit in the chair and snooze for an hour and burn the calories off, I'm lucky in that way, my mum was the same.

Regards,

Rich.

christoph clark":3m20bjob said:
Need some tips on sleeping. Twice this week I got up at 2am because my mind was turning and couldn't sleep any more. Last night the same. Up at 2 watched a film, listened to some music, had a cup of tea by then the rest of the family was awake.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :shock:

Do you drink coffee ?

Hi,

I have periods of bad sleep nothing seems to help not drinking/drinking eating late/not, I only have one cup of coffee a day (morning) so it isn't that. then after a couple of weeks I am allright, untill the next time. When I am not sleeping well I find my self dropping off in the evening which only adds to the problen but I am knackered and can't seem to stay awake.

I have tried lying on the edge of the bed to see if I drop off. :wink:

Pete

christoph clark":1pokaedn said:
Do you drink coffee ?

Why are you asking ? Yes I do. Small black espressos. In the week 6 a day and the weekend about 10 a day... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I had trouble sleeping :?

read an article and the writer said its down to coffee , so being open minded I stopped coffee for 4 weeks and slept a lot better :wink:

may be worth having a go yourself but you will need to give it at least 4 weeks to get it out of your system

good luck

Allen

Hi Christoph,

I have suffered from lack of sleep for some time now mainly due to pain from slipped disk and restless legs syndrome. I have tried sleeping pills but they only seem to keep you asleep once you have dropped off and then its really difficult to wake up. They also rapidly drop off in effectiveness if used for any length of time.

There are so many causes of sleeplessness that it really comes down to what works for you.

Harold seems to have summed it up pretty accurately. I find a warm drink of milk helps and sometimes nibbling some wholemeal or similar bread. You need to clear your mind and avoid any external stimulus. I tried watching TV but that didn't help.

A lot of the problem is an over-active mind, you might try some relaxation techniques.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but you have my sympathy

Regards,

Mike C

Is it true that decaff coffee still has some caffeine in it?

Rich":27b9fubr said:
Mike Garnham":27b9fubr said:
Yes, but Rich, eating late late and drinking regularly is a great way to end up obese!

Yes Mike, but I find that hard work counteracts this, when I left school in 69, I weighed 10 and 1/2 stone, 39 years later, my weight is still the same, it's all to do with metabolism, after my sunday roast lunch, I can just sit in the chair and snooze for an hour and burn the calories off, I'm lucky in that way, my mum was the same.

Regards,

Rich.

I hate you Rich :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Back