Time to think about finishing my workshop.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martlewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Late last year I moved house and build a bigger workshop. At the time money was tightand the weather was bad. A quick solution was to wrap the entire workshop in roofing felt, walls and all.

It's time to make it look pretty for HID. Any suggestions for finishing the external walls?

I thought at the time I would clad over the felt with t&g, using the felt as a sort of vapour barrier. Well... money is still short. OPtions are to paint the felt??? Is that even possible? Or perhaps a lightweight cladding, thin ply of pvcu?

I would appreciate any help.

All that's left other than that for tomorrow is to make some solid doors instead of the t&g ones. 3/4 ply sandwich with insulation should make them pretty heavy but damn strong too :)

From a security point of view the walls are more important than the doors. What about painted sheathing ply on walls battens to cover joints this could be covered at a later date with a better looking cladding if required.

Back