Timber Supplier - Surrey/North Hants Border

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodshavings

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed an Ad in British Woodworking for a new timber merchant between Farnham and Guildford called Surrey Timbers, so being local(ish) I checked them out.
They certainly have a decent range, including exotics. It was s**s law that the one species I needed (beech) they did not have but did say they would be stocking this in future.
Nevertheless, for those who live in this neck of the woods, I would give them a try. Their prices are a bit higher than charged by Wests etc, but according to Kevin Bolger, they are open to negotiation and will price match.
I have no connection with them, just pleased that now I wont have to drive to Sussex to get my supplies!!!
John

that's good to know John as I am in the same neck of the woods as you. I havent been buying much timber, well none, in recent years due to moving house and new workshop build, etc, but will be buying in the near future. I shall go and have a good gander now... cheers Steve

Hi, have not been here long and i get a chance to help.

I get my oak from
http://www.woodbypost.fsnet.co.uk/
, they are near Andover and they guys name is Paul.

it's all air dried with one straight edge and various thicknesses. He charges £30.00 per cubic foot and he is very fair in his pricing. he's also a very nice bloke.

Obviously collection is the best way to go money wise.

Hope this helps

Yep, cheers Hawkeye, I've used them before too as they are not too far away. But Surrey Timbers are much closer for me so will try them next. I have also recommended Woodbypost to members before as I still think they are very good value. I'm just not so keen on some of their air dried stuff which can have quite a high MC. But if you are not in a rush to use it or have drying facilities then it is fine.

Latest posts

Back