Thumbs up to Isca Hardwoods!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Effigy

Established Member
Reaction score
Been to visit Isca Hardwoods today for the first time.

I wanted some oak, so I phoned a few days ago to see if they had anything. Anyways, I was able to get there today and I really must comment on the first class service I was given.

Paul (one of the owners) showed me the oak they had and the other timbers available if I wanted something else. He even offered to drive me to their timber storage yard if I didnt see anything I wanted!

With such a huge stock, you would be hard to please not to find anything that appealed. And the stock of turning timber was very impressive!

He planed my oak to thickness for me (no charge!) and even carried it out to my car. I bought £50's worth of best Eglish oak, all of it with first class figure and colour.

A good shopping experience from a nice guy!

Oh, and they have an Open Day on the 31st March, so I shall be back there for that :)

Check out their website: www.iscahardwoods.co.uk

(No connection - just a very satisfied customer :D )

I have also used Isca and found them to be excellent. Good quality and very friendly and helpful. I also like the thought that all their timber is from tree surgery work and not commercially felled.

I also know ISCA and Paul and have only ever found him to be really helpful and supportive. I am a member of Avon & Bristol Woodturners and Paul has always been 100% behind anything we have tried to organise and is really knowlegable as well.

PS - No affiliation, just really impressed.

Back