Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Thread form on Viceroy Wood lathe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

nodnostik

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,
I am considering purchasing an "Axminster Super Precision" wood chuck from Axminster I know that the Viceroy takes a 1.5" x 8TPI threaded chuck, and that Axminster advertise a wood chuck available with a 1.5" x 8 TPI thread. My concern is that they may not be the same thread form. and not fit the Viceroy R/H Nose.
If any one has any info on this I would be grateful as I do not want to purchase the incorrect item.
Thanks to all,
Don

nodnostik

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your assistance, I thought it would be a whitworth form, I am going to the show this week at Harrogate so I will telephone Axminster and ask them to bring it to the show for me.
What would we do without this forum!!!!.
Regards to all
Don

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
You may be disappointed , Axminster are no longer making the Super Precision chuck until Easter next year :cry:

The originals were made in Poland and now they are going to make them in house from next yer on :mrgreen:

Click on the link to read full details from Axminster

post615565.html#p615565

nodnostik

Established Member
Reaction score
Re chuck, as you so rightly said no super precision chucks available in the UK, I have finally got my self a chuck, bought it at the Harrogate show, complete with the exert for 1.5" x 8TPI . I am told that other chuck jaws will fit the Patriot. I am not sure but think the Nova Jaws are the same fit.
T least I have got a "new toy" to play with.
Don

Latest posts