Thread form on Viceroy Wood lathe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nodnostik

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,
I am considering purchasing an "Axminster Super Precision" wood chuck from Axminster I know that the Viceroy takes a 1.5" x 8TPI threaded chuck, and that Axminster advertise a wood chuck available with a 1.5" x 8 TPI thread. My concern is that they may not be the same thread form. and not fit the Viceroy R/H Nose.
If any one has any info on this I would be grateful as I do not want to purchase the incorrect item.
Thanks to all,
Don

Thanks for your assistance, I thought it would be a whitworth form, I am going to the show this week at Harrogate so I will telephone Axminster and ask them to bring it to the show for me.
What would we do without this forum!!!!.
Regards to all
Don

You may be disappointed , Axminster are no longer making the Super Precision chuck until Easter next year :cry:

The originals were made in Poland and now they are going to make them in house from next yer on :mrgreen:

Click on the link to read full details from Axminster

post615565.html#p615565

Re chuck, as you so rightly said no super precision chucks available in the UK, I have finally got my self a chuck, bought it at the Harrogate show, complete with the exert for 1.5" x 8TPI . I am told that other chuck jaws will fit the Patriot. I am not sure but think the Nova Jaws are the same fit.
T least I have got a "new toy" to play with.
Don

Back