Thieving sprouts AGAIN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I dont believe my luck at the moment

Went down the sheds to look for some bits for Paul J and I find this :evil:

121_2167.jpg

121_2168.jpg

121_2169.jpg

121_2170.jpg

121_2171.jpg

and this is how they go in down my side way , must have jumped over a 6ft high gate to break the hasp and clasp on the inside :twisted:

121_2172.jpg

This is the second time in 6 months , I bet its the same but holes that did it last time

How the hell do you stop them getting in ?

3 locks on the garage door all crow bared off

2 locks on the shed both crow bared off

and yes they had a field day

even took my compressor this time and that's not small

various other power tools

I have realy had it with F ing Dagenham

I am so pis-ed off its unreal :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

Really sad news mate. I don't really know what to say. Will you be covered on your insurance?

Blister":2tuvlrvf said:
I dont believe my luck at the moment

Went down the sheds to look for some bits for Paul J and I find this :evil:

121_2167.jpg

121_2168.jpg

121_2169.jpg

121_2170.jpg

121_2171.jpg

and this is how they go in down my side way , must have jumped over a 6ft high gate to break the hasp and clasp on the inside :twisted:

121_2172.jpg

This is the second time in 6 months , I bet its the same but holes that did it last time

How the hell do you stop them getting in ?

3 locks on the garage door all crow bared off

2 locks on the shed both crow bared off

and yes they had a field day

even took my compressor this time and that's not small

various other power tools

I have realy had it with F ing Dagenham

I am so pis-ed off its unreal :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

I agree , theiving twunts

mind you looking on the bright side presumably your insurance will pay out and as you are "selling up for a new life" they have saved you the bother of selling the kit.

regretably its quite common that the same crew will hit a workshop more than once - they give you enough time to claim insurance and restock and then hit you again.

The only answer is a big f off dog ( or keeping an eye on the classifieds locally for someone selling your kit then going and reasoning with them team handed)

with regard to fitting padlocks you can get set ups where the hasp is inside a metal box so cant be got at and the whole lot is bolted through the door to a reinforced plate on the inside - mind you we had an episode when i worked in mk where some TGB s used a blow torch to melt the padlock on one of these - so you can never keep the scummers out - just make their lives more difficult

Bl---- h--- Allen :evil:
It wasn't me honest :shock:
Sorry to see this.
I and the neighbour had the same a few years ago.They took all my fishing tackle,some of it was what my dad bought when i first started fishing so was sentimental more than anything.
But as you say how do you stop it. :?:

:shock: **sholes. Put as much as you can in the lock-up Allen. They may have seen something they'll be back for. As you say, the locks are useless. Aside from a very big dog, not much you can do. I'd lend you mine, but they're far too vicious ;)

Digit
Thats terrible mate

OK, what can you do to improve things?
Make sure the timber frame around the lock is sound. If you can fix the hasp/bolt thru the timber, with bolts NOT screws, and into a metal plate behind the frame/door to stop it from being so easily prised off. I have 4 bolts on the WS door, all bolted thru with serious bolts and all set into good strong timber.

The windows are all covered with chicken wire on the outside and with grilles on the inside. The grilles are bolted into the walls and then the chipboard covering the walls is covering the bolts and 2 inches of the edge of the grille, if you know what I mean. In other words the grilles are going nowhere.

Inside the WS I have 2 alarms. The first is an all in one sensor/ siren. The other is a sensor linked to the house alarm. Both go off straight away; no delay.

Then the power tools are stored in 2 metal cabinets and a floor safe, all of which are bolted with heavy duty bolts to the floor and walls. Padlocks all good quality.

If the alarm goes off I am down there in a flash with the large mallet and I would not hesitate to use it. But that is my mentality.

The neighbours know the alarm, and will check if they hear it. I never set it off myself so they do not ignore it thinking it is a false alarm.

All the stuff is from auctions etc and costs very little. Having said all that it is only a matter of time, I know that, and there is nothing you can do to STOP it, all you can do is make your WS a less attractive prospect than the one down the road/ next door (sorry folks!!)

I am really sorry Blister. Trouble is also there is a market for stolen power tools/ machines. Hope you can replace it all soon, and that there may be a good idea hidden amongst all my paranoia!!

Best wishes.

Neil

What we need is a group of people who's job it is to stop crime, I'd gladly pay my taxes to form something like this, if only there was such a visionary in parliament...

Aidan

TheTiddles":qs3txcmq said:
What we need is a group of people who's job it is to stop crime, I'd gladly pay my taxes to form something like this, if only there was such a visionary in parliament...

Aidan

indeed - and to have that group of people be given a more free hand, not bound about by stupid rules and regulations and thus find themselves spending more time on paperwork than on chasing criminals.

Hiya Blister

Seems like they are out and about this weekend.
Some EVIL :evil: ......... make up the rest yourself, decided to see how much oil i had left in my tank. Luckily it was nearly empty but now i have to find a way to secure it, plus the cost of fitting some lights and repairing the line into the house.

Feel sorry for you mate.
Not much else to say i know how your feeling well if your thinking about a nice dark alley a baseball bat and a couple of hours alone with who ever did this. :twisted:

Martin

gatesmr2":2ekwbc6d said:
Hiya Digit

Seems like they are out and about this weekend.
Some EVIL :evil: ......... make up the rest yourself, decided to see how much oil i had left in my tank. Luckily it was nearly empty but now i have to find a way to secure it, plus the cost of fitting some lights and repairing the line into the house.

Feel sorry for you mate.
Not much else to say i know how your feeling well if your thinking about a nice dark alley a baseball bat and a couple of hours alone with who ever did this. :twisted:

Martin

Blister martin, Blister - Digit is Roy who lives in north wales and as far as i know hasnt been turned over by a bunch of theiving dagenham arseheads.

with regard to your tank you can get those boxed over padlocks i was talking about welded onto a storage tank (though clearly it needs to be empty first.

Cheers BSM :oops:

Changed it lol sorry Blister

And you had the same thought as me about a box over the tap and connections etc.
Not sure if to get braided hose or encase the copper one in something like a scaffold pole.

Martin

I am with you all in this two weeks ago had the caravan broken into we were just getting ready to do a craft fair and the thieving F****** took 1/2 of my wife's stock. Luckily we had got extra at home so was able to do the craft fair. My thoughts go out with all that have had things nicked

We've been lucky here. Neither us or my parents who lived here for 25yrs have ever been broken in to. However, I have had my log store on the drive disturbed a couple of times. Obviously not valuable enough. We live on the corner of a junction, so cars have to slow down by our house and I guess it's natural for people to have a nose. I can't tell you how many people have walked up to the garage door and asked me what I'm up to. "minding my own f*ckin business thanks!". It's got to the point that I either don't open the door or leave it just 2ft open to let some air in.

So true BSM. My shop doesn't even have a lock!
Having said that some little s**ts have just trashed my son's car!

Roy.

No wonder you're getting out. Plenty of ways to stop it - but not many that this do gooding system we have to live with would allow.

sorry to hear mate - as others have said hopefully the insurance will cover it but often hard to get full value etc. At least no hurt done to people but god it's going to water you right off.

Miles

Blister, you have my sympathy. I got done over at Christmas two years ago and lost a couple of grands worth of stuff that I had to fight with the insurance company over because they wanted to replace my stuff with cheap rubbish (new for old). I finally got my good gear replaced but the big issue for me wasn't as much getting stuff stolen as knowing those b*stards were in going through my stuff.

Needless to say, nobody was ever caught (or even looked for I expect).

Brendan

Latest posts

Back