Thieving sprouts AGAIN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is some sanity creeping back into the system.

Remember that poor Greek lorry driver? The one woken up, while asleep in his lorry, at 3am by three baseball bat wielding scrotes? The Greek killed one of them outright with his knife, stabbed the other two - one of whom also subsequently died. Arrested by the police, he was later released.

Two down...only a few tens of thousands to go.

make no mistakes if anyone tries breaking into my place when i am around they will get a hammer to the head or a chisel in the neck!

the police can get stuffed ill say he came at me with my axe!

BSM
Exactly the sentences I'd guessed actually.
I read Digit's question and thought "3 to 5 a piece". Not bad really.

Grinding One
They say if you have a choice of where to live in the USA, go to the places with the worst "Brady Grades". The ones with the lowest grades suggesting the "worst" gun laws are all the safest places to live, and the areas with A and B grades are the sort of areas you're more likely to end up at the business end of a scumbag holding a firearm. Funny that.

Gatesmr2
I agree that there's something wrong with it when someone can press charges after being somewhere they shouldn't be and someone attacks them (or more accurately, defends themselves).
Didn't you know? PC is decent and fair. Those poor people have such a hard life you just can't say they've done anything wrong or hit them for doing it - it isn't their fault they had to break into your house, armed and in a gang in the middle of the night leaving the householder the choice of hoping they don't come upstairs and have their way, to getting rid of them himself. Same when they mug someone in the street, it just wouldn't be right for someone to retaliate, it's not their fault.
Or something.

RogerS
I never heard the outcome of that.
Good to hear it! No good that he was arrested, but there you have it.

Blister, sorry to hear your bad news......

Touch wood, I've only had my garage broken into once and I have since moved to a more desirable area.

Anyway, when I reported it to the old bill, I asked the question what if I had caught the b4st4rd5 in the act
and give them a slap with the pickaxe handle I keep by my bed . Their response was to make sure there
was signs of forced entry and that you had dragged them upstairs in the house before calling the Police.
Apparently if they are upstairs they are a much greater threat. So you can then get away with defending
yourself and your property with force. The police officers advice, not mine.

Cheers,
Sam

gatesmr2":5nn8rh0k said:
Hi

Like any normal person he grabbed his baseball bat and quietly went down to see who was down there. He knew there was more than one as he had heard them talking, so on seeing the first outline in front of him he hit him with the bat.
First mistake :?: he hit him from behind
Second mistake :?: he did not catch the second guy

third mistake he presumably told the police the truth about what happened.

I'd have spun that as " well officer he came at me with a knife - this knife here (the one i've just picked up from the kitchen and stuck under the sofa before calling the police), he nearly got me but i jumped backwards and picked up the first thing that came to hand to defend myself with (this here bat), then i knocked the knife out of his hand and he went to pick it up so i hit him again to make sure he didnt, which was how he got hit from behind - i'm really sorry if it was wrong officer but ive got my wife and golden haired child upstairs and i was in fear for all our lives.."

10 to 1 the police would know that it was pineapples but unless you were unlucky enough to get a real jobsworth they'd record it as gods honest truth - okay the two scumbags can swear up and down that it didnt happen like that , but hey they're scrotes who cares what they say - if you dont incriminate yourself then mostly you can walk away uncharged (so long as you didnt use disproportionate force like beating him to a pulp while he is incapacitated)

BSM

From wikipedia:

In the United Kingdom the penalty for perjury is a prison sentence of up to seven years . . .

Steve

I am very sorry to hear about this business. Very upsetting.

My neighbour across the street saw some fellas peeing on my garage doors, I thought I know what will fix them. A small electric charge wired to the metal doors. :shock:

My missus said if I tried to set this up they would arrest me for assault. I thought at the time that it would be worth it just to have my day in court and for the blighters to have to explain what happened. :lol: :lol:

Hope they catch the thieves.

Tony.

big soft moose":3t3mmagt said:
I know a few texans and their general procedure is just to use a shotgun - at close range they make a hell of a mess (particularly with buckshot), with a very low chance of survivorship. and they aim for the head as more and more scrotes are wearing vests these days

One of the ones I work with collects AK-47's we were playing with them at his local range last week, they had wooden stocks so it's ok to gloat about it on this forum...

Aidan

Moose, I hope nothing like that ever happens to you cos you`ve just given your alibi to a load of strangers!
With regards to wiring up door handles etc, that's just a manslaughter charge and time inside waiting to happen and at the very least a wounding with intent.
In this day and age although the cop who takes the initial report might be sympathetic to the circumstances his/her initial report will be evaluated by someone else who will be duty bound to make sure any ambiguities are highlighlited and followed up. Sadly, The Bill and other such programs bear little resemblance to what really goes on.

Dex

Hi all

I don't condone the use of firearm's in any way what so ever , but and this is the but, any scrote found on your property or in your home when not invited is fair came by any means that come to hand if he's killed accidentally or other wise, though luck.

The law should reflect this, that you must have the right to defend your home and family at any cost , when he breaks and enter it should be also reflected in the law and understood by society that any person found in this position has stepped outside the law therefore has no human rights whats so ever , if he has no rights then he or any of his relatives cannot sue, in fact it should be reflected that he is the one that will be sued for compensation for property damage and mental or physical damage to you and your family might help some of the scrum bag think twice. hc

head clansman":3cphipv5 said:
I don't condone the use of firearm's in any way what so ever , but and this is the but, any scrote found on your property or in your home when not invited is fair came by any means that come to hand if he's killed accidentally or other wise, though luck.

I understand your sentiments here, a big piece of me would like to agree however allowing this from a legal perspective is condoning manslaughter. I could easily imagine a scenaro where a scrote wants to bump off someone so shoots or stabs them and then transports them to their property and claims they were trespassing and so gave them both barrels.

This is why the law is accepting of reasonable and proportionate force to be used defending yourself and your property, not simply blasting them. That way lies a form of anarchy IMO.

HI

a big piece of me would like to agree however allowing this from a legal perspective is condoning manslaughter.

Not at all, it s doing exactly the opposite , its sending all Scrotes &
scum bags a very clear message they will not be tolerated any longer it saying in no uncertain terms we society will no longer tolerate them stealing from us if you want something then bloody well get of your lazy asses and go earn it, like every body else . if they still don't heed, then they are outside the law, and they will get whats coming . hc

promhandicam":3lfqo1xh said:
BSM

From wikipedia:

In the United Kingdom the penalty for perjury is a prison sentence of up to seven years . . .

Steve

true - but perjury is telling lies in court

common sense is telling lies to the police so that it doesnt get to court

Hi Blister,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you get Insurance sorted.

As to Crime Prevention:

I'd say you need a hardwood door frame, enclosed all round by good 1/4" thick steel angle. Make a proper FL&B door, with a Chubb or similar mortice lock. Hinged with three good butts, and OPENING INWARDS. I would also put a sheet of galvanised steel on the inside of the door.
Anyone would find it easier to dismantle the shed then. (Some kind of alarm would help.)

I know inward opening doors take up space, inside but they can't be jimmied open easily. Bodily pressure from outside would have to be enough to overcome the frame, as above, which should withstand all but a 'Police Enforcer'. I speak from experience.

Regards

It really does bug me the way some people think they have the god given right to walk off with somebody elses property.

In these sort of circumstances I would consider this a challenge. Bring on the reinforced wieldmesh screens, metal door frames and reinforced metal doors.

and despite what others have said, IF IT WERE ME, I`ve be making a few "surprises" for any would be thieves.

I disagree with most of the principles of the arabic world, however the "eye for and eye" principle should hold true, and pipper me if the police aint going to enforce it........... one must defend his home from attack.

hope the thieving scum who knicked your gear use it incorrectly and really hurt themselves........

Steve

Hi Steve,

Of course one has to defend against theft. But if Senior Police Officers (who are mostly fresh out of Uni!) concentrated on having Bobbies walking about at night, the scum might not be so willing to take the chance.

It's great having these cameras to record the crimes they are supposed to deter, but unless you can identify who the scum are, what's the point?

I agree entirely about the steel mesh and shutters. My main defence though is a ruddy great Volvo, parked right up against the up and over door of my brick-built garage.

Regards :)

Latest posts

Back