Thieving sprouts AGAIN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
promhandicam":2l58cz52 said:
Sorry to read about your problems. However by the look of the security you had, the padlocks / hasps and staples weren't really going to stop anyone who wanted to get in. The best way I've seen of protecting padlocked doors is with a metal box fitted over the top of the lock with an opening in the bottom - easier to do on a metal door where it is welded in place but feasible on a sturdy wooden door if it is bolted on with a decent size metal plate on the back. It is a bit of a fiddle to reach up inside it to undo the padlock but it saves someone whacking the padlock to pop it open or levering off the hasp/staple. This will stop the less determined thieves but at the end of the day if someone wants to get in then they will - through the roof is the easiest way on most workshops.

Steve

add to this case hardened padlocks , and a couple of strands of razor wire over the back gate - as if they cant climb in they arent going to get as far as breaking into the sheds.

Careful with razor wire.
I can't remember the exact rules but if you get it wrong you'll end up in trouble if Johnny Scumbag hurts himself on it.

I still find it offensive that a scrote hurting himself (whether through booby trap, violent assault by the victim or anything else) when comitting a crime can prosecute their intended victim or the hero that stopped them, but that's the utterly stupid law we live with.

BigShot":31i3lfcx said:
Careful with razor wire.
I can't remember the exact rules but if you get it wrong you'll end up in trouble if Johnny Scumbag hurts himself on it.

I still find it offensive that a scrote hurting himself (whether through booby trap, violent assault by the victim or anything else) when comitting a crime can prosecute their intended victim or the hero that stopped them, but that's the utterly stupid law we live with.

as with other protective measues such as spikes, sound blasters, smoke cloak, guard dogs etc you have to show that you took "reasonable precautions" to stop the scrote coming to harm.

This what is considered reasonable varys with the precaution but with razor wire it basically boils down to having a large sign on the outside of the gate warning that it is there ( in contrasting colours such as yellow and red so they cant claim they didnt see it because they were colour blind) and using the international symbols so they cant claim they didnt comprehend it cos they dont speaka da engeleeesh to good. You also need to provide PIR activated lighting (itself a reasonable deterent) so that they can clearly see the wire and cant claim they reached up and grasped it without realising what it was.

Booby traps and violent assault are different because here the intention is clearly to cause harm.

Though that said it is sometimes a defence to the assuault claim to say that you acted with "reasonable and proportional force in self defence while in fear of your life". This works better if you are a five foot nothing slip of a girl, a cute grey haired old lady, or a decorated WWII vet, It flys rather less well if like me you are large, hairy , 15 stone , and a double blackbelt

Wait a minute,you have a shovel?? A garden?? All you need is the fertilizer,the bloke who did wrong...Just plant him.
On another note how about installing a camera??

Grinding One":1ssj6voh said:
Wait a minute,you have a shovel?? A garden?? All you need is the fertilizer,the bloke who did wrong...Just plant him.

ahh what it is to live in the land of the free, the home of the heavily armed. :D

this house is protected by smith and wesson - that'd do the trick (except that in dagenham the theiving turnip is probably protected by sig sauer)

Incidentally if you really want to get rid of a corpse burying it in your garden isnt a great idea - what you really need is a wood chipper and a herd of pigs - or so i've heard you understand ;) :D :lol:

When really the law should just say...

"So what were you doing when the 15 stone, hairy, double black belted naked guy rubbing sleep out of his eyes started hitting you in the face with a hammer?"

"Well your honour, I'd climbed into his back garden, cutting myself on the razor wire as I did so, levered the lock off the workshop and this alarm went off. The next thing I knew he came charging out of the house holding a hammer, wearing nothing but some boots and then everything went black and I woke up handcuffed to a hospital bed."

"I hereby fine you the cost of repairing the damage you've done and a pair of boots to replace the ones you bled on, sentence you to 5 years for attempted burglary, 3 years for criminal damage and 6 months for wasting the court's time with this spurious assault charge...
As for you Mr Hairy 15 Stone Double Black Belt, well done. We need more people to beat the living daylights out of scrotes like this once in a while, keep up the good work. Here's free tickets to see the film of your choice and a nice sturdy baseball bat in case they try to rob you again.
Case closed!"

I can but dream.

A friend of mine lives in Kentucky and he was complaining that he had to pay to have the blood removed from his carpet!
So help it's true!

Roy.

Thats the kind of pineapples I do hate about being PC.

"If you break into someone else's property with the intent to steal what is not your's and you have a allergic reaction to the Iroko dust in their workshop, sure its their fault and you can sue"

I . . really . . .hate . . .it!!!

:twisted:

BigShot":325n9utw said:
When really the law should just say...

"So what were you doing when the 15 stone, hairy, double black belted naked guy rubbing sleep out of his eyes started hitting you in the face with a hammer?"

"Well your honour, I'd climbed into his back garden, cutting myself on the razor wire as I did so, levered the lock off the workshop and this alarm went off. The next thing I knew he came charging out of the house holding a hammer, wearing nothing but some boots and then everything went black and I woke up handcuffed to a hospital bed."

"I hereby fine you the cost of repairing the damage you've done and a pair of boots to replace the ones you bled on, sentence you to 5 years for attempted burglary, 3 years for criminal damage and 6 months for wasting the court's time with this spurious assault charge...
As for you Mr Hairy 15 Stone Double Black Belt, well done. We need more people to beat the living daylights out of scrotes like this once in a while, keep up the good work. Here's free tickets to see the film of your choice and a nice sturdy baseball bat in case they try to rob you again.
Case closed!"

Nice - but us hairy double black belts dont need hammers :lol:

That bit I posted Joints is only half of it.
Apparently my friend shot the burglar in the leg, hence the blood on the carpet.
When the police took the guy away a cop stopped to have a word with him.
He said if it happens again would he make sure he killed the intruder as they now had to get an ambulance to ship the guy to hospital and he'd have to fill in lots of paperwork and there would have to be a trial.
If the guy was dead the city buried him and that was an end to it!

Roy.

big soft moose
Maybe not generally speaking, but I figure if they are breaking in they are porbably tooled up and I don't see there's any point fighting empty handed unless you absolutely have to. :wink:
Even more so if they are team handed (and the chances are they will be).

Digit
That burglar was lucky. I know a few gun owners out that way and the general view is to aim for the biggest part of the target (not for a kill, but for a more shot hit and lower chance of stray bullets). He's lucky your friend was nice enough and a good enough shot to get him in the leg and not just kill him outright.

BigShot":149qgcbp said:
big soft moose
Maybe not generally speaking, but I figure if they are breaking in they are porbably tooled up and I don't see there's any point fighting empty handed unless you absolutely have to. :wink:
Even more so if they are team handed (and the chances are they will be).

thing is going back to what i was saying about reasonable and proportional force - using weapons puts you automatically in the wrong - wheras if they are team handed and armed and theres only little ole me all on my onsey and dressed only in my boxers and boots, well who can blame me for giving them a good kicking.

Not to brag but a while back in milton keynes I had a bit of a contre temps with four assholes with knives ( I intervened in a mugging), the ensuing fight took about 2 minuites begining to end and net result one scrote with a dislocated knee, two with broken collar bones, and one with a depressed fracture of the cheek bone and a broken nose. No charges proffered against me. "

well it was self defence officer, there were four of them and they had blades , and they were threatening this old lady , so i had to intervene didnt I? , and then they all turned on me and I was in fear of my life, so i had to defend myself but i only used reasonable force, i stopped hitting them as soon as they were on the floor - the old lady saw it alll and can back up my story"

BigShot":1kie7lrl said:
Digit
That burglar was lucky. I know a few gun owners out that way and the general view is to aim for the biggest part of the target (not for a kill, but for a more shot hit and lower chance of stray bullets). .

I know a few texans and their general procedure is just to use a shotgun - at close range they make a hell of a mess (particularly with buckshot), with a very low chance of survivorship. and they aim for the head as more and more scrotes are wearing vests these days

big soft moose":3aoutjr2 said:
thing is going back to what i was saying about reasonable and proportional force - using weapons puts you automatically in the wrong
Legally speaking, yea.
I don't see any moral problem with it whatsoever and to be honest I think the law should reflect that.
Can't see it happening though.

Out of curiosity BSM, what did the court do them after you'd finished with them?

Roy.

Digit":byu6i0qt said:
Out of curiosity BSM, what did the court do them after you'd finished with them?

Roy.

as i recall

the ring leader got 5 years (attempted assault, demanding money with menaces, going equiped, intent, possesion of an offensive weapon , being a total pillock in court and abusing the judge)

the other two over 18 got 3 years a piece for possesion of an offensive weapon and going equiped ( they claimed they werent actively involved in the mugging , and they didnt get a chance to attack me).

and the fourth who was 16 and had a clean record and whose defence was basically that he had been "led astray by the nasty bad big boys" got 2 years (suspended) and 90 hours community service.

which actually given the standards of criminal justice in this country isnt too bad - i was once involved in a different incident featuring three scrotes who mugged an disabled person in a wheel chair and then urinated on her , where two of them got 45 hours comunity service each and the third got a caution - difference was they were middle class scrotes and daddys could afford a decent lawyer.

In Texas:They have the right to shoot first and kill,but only if they need killing...Proof is on you after they are dead.
In Florida:One of the right to carry concealed states,old ladys used to get robbed all the time but after the law changed to conceal carry the thieves now go after the vacationers...be warned ahead of time.
My home state,you can only kill inside your house after you have been broken into.And the body has to be in the house.
No problem for me,44 mag Rugar Super Red Hawk 7 inch barrel,will drop a chargeing Grizzley Bear
Chicago has passed a law,no guns aloud,people there are killed every day,38 kids killed with guns since the New Year,gang warfare...not all were in gangs but in harms way,between gangs shooting at each other.I think they should set a president and put to death gang leaders....

Hi

Thought i'd add again as a friend of the family had a problem but this was a good few years ago i was a teenager still.

He had 3 fruit and veg shops and lived above one of them, one sat night with the takings from all three shops with him he heard them breaking in to the shop downstairs.
Like any normal person he grabbed his baseball bat and quietly went down to see who was down there. He knew there was more than one as he had heard them talking, so on seeing the first outline in front of him he hit him with the bat.
First mistake :?: he hit him from behind
Second mistake :?: he did not catch the second guy

OK so whats the problem some thieving scum bags broke in and one of them got a bashing. Poor guy did 6 months for assault.
Oh and although not all the time his son who was 13 used to stay over most weekends luckily not this one though.
To this day i can't see how anyone can claim assault when breaking into someone elses property. If you where not there you would not have got hit.

Sometimes i think we live in a world where being P.C is more important than being decent and fair. :roll:

Latest posts

Back