The Woodwright's shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosshogg

Established Member
Reaction score
Referring to the recent post by Mike.C for the downloadable books, I chanced to see Mike Underhill mentioned, and I don't remember seeing the online 'Woodwright's shop' mentioned in any of the forum posts. For those who are not aware of this free and highly informative site, here is a link http://www.pbs.org/woodwrightsshop/index.html Cheers...bosshogg :)

Well said. There are plenty of references (I've made some!) but maybe not for a while.

One of the frustrating things is that neither UNCTV or PBS have done anything about making older series available on DVD or for download.

Ok, I know that there are five series available on line now, and I also know that saving streaming video locally is a trivially easy thing to do, but I'd love to see the other 25 series from the years before I had any idea about this stuff!

I wish I knew how to save Streaming Video. There was one I wanted to keep, at least until I had made the item concerned. But I can't work out how to save it. Even real-Player won't do the trick.
So Andy, any tips would be welcome.

Regards
John

Benchwayze":wgjpa5ge said:
I wish I knew how to save Streaming Video. There was one I wanted to keep, at least until I had made the item concerned. But I can't work out how to save it. Even real-Player won't do the trick.
So Andy, any tips would be welcome.

Regards
John

Try running Firefox and then any of many add-ons. I think I used "Ant Video Downloader and Player" or "Video DownloadHelper".

Latest posts

Back