The Twilight Zone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Power

Established Member
Reaction score
Why delete a whole topic :? I can understand an individual post or posts but you come back to see if there are any new posts and find the whole thread has disappeared into the abyss without any kind of explanation or comment :roll:

Which one disappeared Alan?

Self-protection from a departing mod would be my guess - to delete the bit where Wizer and I were discussing the new place and the fact that it is one of the departing mods who seems to have the most beef with Jason.

Just a guess - and there's a few of you - got a better idea where it went and why?

Jake":26rbxp98 said:
Just a guess - and there's a few of you - got a better idea where it went and why?

I reckon someone reported it (no it wasnt me) because me and thee couldnt just draw a line and move on from rehashing past issues, and one of the remaining mods decided to pull the plug.

surely a departing mod no longer has mod powers anyway :-s

Don't think it was anything which had ever been hashed on here, actually. Possible I suppose. I don't think anyone has departed yet, have they?

Jake":22wdxe8n said:
Don't think it was anything which had ever been hashed on here, actually. Possible I suppose. I don't think anyone has departed yet, have they?

well philly said on the handtools RC thread that he had sent his resignation in to charley and that henceforth he would only be posting his own opinions - I took that to mean that he was no longer a mod here and therefore does not have mod powers

and tony appears to have gone completely - his posts now just say "guest" so I'd say he had departed

but that said I dont actually know, like you i'm only guessing

perhaps one of the remaining mods could clairify the situation

Heading says these are the mods: Charley, DaveL, Noel, Philly, Chris Knight.

Jake":buyz7vpm said:
Heading says these are the mods: Charley, DaveL, Noel, Philly, Chris Knight.

yeah fairy snuff, but how up to date is the header ? and likewise philly still has moderator under his name but is that just because charley hasnt responded to his resignation yet ? - we all know that admin response times here make a sloth look like Usain Bolt

Anyhow, it wasn't Noel who deleted the thread so despite Philly's "Eh?" I was at least partially right.

Screw Loose":wlg54syr said:
Poor Noel

Aye.

Charley's going to have to make some smart moves now. Could be a good thing for here if he plays it right though.

Why assume that?

Noel will need some assistance obviously but I'm sure some good people will step up to the plate who will be just as good and maybe better than those who have gone. None of them were mods in the early days of this place IIRC (that being the golden age to which they wish to return).

Jake":2p9i0ao9 said:
Screw Loose":2p9i0ao9 said:
Poor Noel

Aye.

Charley's going to have to make some smart moves now. Could be a good thing for here if he plays it right though.

he definitely needs some more mods, one however good, isnt going to cut it if the forum isnt to degenerate into a spam and flame fest then die on its @rse

fwiw i reckon you'd make a good mod - no seriously, I mean i know you dont like me, and i cant say you're my favorite person either, but i reckon you'd have what it takes to moderate in a fair manner and not take any dung

Back