The OxoBox

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FogggyTown

Established Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine commissioned a storage box for Oxo cubes. (his wife's idea - not mine!) Had to be able to store 36 each of three different kinds of cube. So this is what he got.

2061r82.jpg

Panels are maple, "beams" are black walnut, lid is zebrano. I have no doubt it is the only one in existence! :p

I like that Foggy - we've got an old tin one. Was your timber in "stock" ? :wink:

Mark :D

nice design but i dont like the lid - i'd have prefered it made the same as the box its just too different and clashes rather than contrasting imo

I LIKE the lid! I don't see what's the BEEF about it....did you CHICKEN out on maple.....? (ok THAT's it...there only a few puns you can get out of a one inch cube.....or ARE there?)!!!!

:D :D :mrgreen:

Jim

big soft moose":198ozaoe said:
nice design but i dont like the lid - i'd have prefered it made the same as the box its just too different and clashes rather than contrasting imo

I wasn't that sure about it myself but I was doing it for free with scraps so that's what he gets. :wink:

jimi43":25f62wia said:
I keep looking back at your box trying to think what it reminds me of...then it hit me....ART DECO...it must be the squares....

J

The inspiration actually came from the typical Tudor/Elizabethan timber frame construction.

Back