The Olympics - what to look forward to -

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Series 1-6 of 'Game of Thrones' to watch. Now those are the sort of games I like.

They need more down-to-earth sports in the olympics.

100m Shove Ha'penny
4 x 100m Cheese Rolling Relay
Mixed Doubles Welly Throwing.
Cow-pat Discus (wet and dry stages).

... just a few suggestions to appease us simple country folk.

Personally I love it, can't wait, can't understand why people don't like it. Hey ho horses for courses etc

golf, football and tennis shouldn't be in it

There should be a dedicated 'Olympics Channel' that's free to view for everyone.

Unfortunately (for non-sporty types), the revenue generated from advertising on every other damn channel during the olympics is too fruitful to pass up.

I'm with him up there, I can't wait. I enjoy almost all of it from start to finish (excluding the gold, football, beach volleyball bull honky), much better than the world cup bull rubbish, or the tennis take over.

Wait, are you telling me theres olympic GOLF ????????????????.

No wonder I havent watched any of it for 40 years.

Now an alternative sport this year would be "spot the russian". That could keep you glued to the box.

The new 360/VR stuff looks like it could be fun. Olympics got better with interactive so you can pick what sport you want to watch too.

I find that although I'm not too interested in sport, once I start watching I can't stop. It's gripping.

Not too long for the REAL sports to start though :p (paralympics)

phil.p":235g9b09 said:
A month of absolutely craap television. Every channel just gives up - I remember 2012 ... we'd never listened to so much music. :D

A month of cr*p on every channel ? As distinct from the normal schedules ?

Good god, what do people find to watch on TV. It puts me to sleep most of the time. Surely the Olympics must be better than that drivel.

for me it's the only athletic or sport related thing I like, the opening ceremony is always worth watching, even if you don't watch the sports part.

I remember feeling rather disinterested before the London 2012 games.
However I soon got interested and ended up really enjoying it.
The Ladies Beach Volleyball is captivating.....can't wait! :D

Oh yes, please. BBC...come summer, just dedicate one channel to sport...Euro whatever, Golf whatever, cricket whatever. Then re-schedule the other programmes to the other two channels. No more of this 'In the event of...' we're going to screw up your evenings viewing because something has gone into extra time/whatever.

Having said that, I see the BBC is dedicating two whole channels to the bleedin' Olympics...so advertising doesn't come into it. Maybe we can have a two week refund of our licence fee ?

Yes the good old BBC will be devoting every channel, with replay after replay of certain events, grrrrrrrrrr.

This is the reason the BBC’S female director of sport does not have any money in her budget for F1 or any other motor sports grrrrrrrrr, again.

I thought the red button channels were intended for the coverage of things like the Olympics, leaving the other channels to carry on with the normal programme schedule. :?

Chris.

Courtesy of my mate Dave:
banner from olympics.jpg

Attachments

• banner from olympics.jpg
    banner from olympics.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 664
Back