the light of the world

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james coleman

Established Member
Reaction score
done this piece a while back,and put it up for a charity auction,where the proceeds went too a local hospital.
pattern by dirk boleman
the frame is mahogany ,and the main plaque is ply and beach overlays ,

Attachments

• light of the world.jpg
    light of the world.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 934
yes,i use a hegner multicut2,which is fitted with the quick clamp.
i do a lot of internal cuts on my projects ,so the quick clamp is a must.

I wonder if I can mod my saw to use a quick clamp, must investigate

Sent from my GT-I9300

Im trying to find a word to describe this - closest I can think of is WOWSERS :shock: thats incredible work, the border on its own i find mind blowing ! Hope it made lots ;)
Coley

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

well too be honest it didnt realy make much,infact offers were so low i took it out of the auction,and donated it too the hospital anyway,they said if they could reach a better price they would sell,if not they would keep it and display it in the hospital.

The subject matter isn't something I care for, but there's no denying that's a great piece of work. I don't think I would even entertain starting something like that. You must have a big heart, James. :)

An awsome project to undertake. You must have given that a lot of thought before you contemplated such a time consuming piece. The subject is close to my heart and if and when I retire it would be something I would love to spend a few weeks making.

Chippygeoff":2twtpek0 said:
An awsome project to undertake. You must have given that a lot of thought before you contemplated such a time consuming piece. The subject is close to my heart and if and when I retire it would be something I would love to spend a few weeks making.

Hi Geoff,

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have been offended by my statement about the subject, and none was meant to anyone who is religious, but I thought I'd make my apologies just in case. :)

Martin.

Not really surprised that the offers were low,not many people realize the work that go into a project like that.I also think that it depends where you live what you can expect to receive for your work.I live in Merseyside ( used to be LANCASHIRE ),I would expect lower offers than if I lived in Cheshire.

Bryan

Martin. No offence my friend, everyone to their own but we all have to agree it is an amazing work of art, a passion that met have taken weeks, if not months to complete. I have great admiration for scrollers who can produce this sort of quality, a labour of love. I am not surprised either that it never reached its asking price. When I started in craft fairs I did some A4 sized portraits that took me hours to make. I put them up for £20 each. I never sold a single one and ended up giving them to family and friends.

i find if i put up a piece of work for sale like this one,unless people do craftwork,or scrolling,they will not understand the amount of work that goes into the piece,people only see it as a piece of wood,where scrollers understand the time that was spent creating it,.........my opinion anyway

james coleman":14954rr4 said:
i find if i put up a piece of work for sale like this one,unless people do craftwork,or scrolling,they will not understand the amount of work that goes into the piece,people only see it as a piece of wood,where scrollers understand the time that was spent creating it,.........my opinion anyway

Similar to hand made lace in that respect.

BugBear

That is a beautiful piece of work, what a talent you have.
TBH If I had made that I would hang it on my wall and proudly show it to everyone who visited, no way would I part with it.

It is just awesome.

thanks scrimper,
sometimes i do wish i kept it ,but i was happy too donate it,always can be made another time.

James , that is a fantastic piece of art , you have received great praise from the folk on here and deservedly so .You have a great gift and it a pleasure to have seen it .

Take care and look forward to your next offering .

Back