The Lidl plunge saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yogibe4r":oimjylez said:
Does anyone know if this will run a Scheppach saw track? They look similar but would be good to know for sure.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

As was mentioned previously, this saw looks to be a Scheppach CS55 / Woodstar Divar 55 / Grizzly T10687 tracksaw clone, so the answer is mostly likely, yes.

post-7964-0-99525900-1383400016.png

How are people finding the supplied blade ?
I'm wondering whether it's worth fitting a better/different blade* before making the first cut through the splinter guard.
From what I can see many of the alternative blades have a thinner 1.4 kerf and there are few alternatives with the same supplied 2.6mm kerf blade. I could fit a new splinter guard at a later date to match a thinner kerf, but the cost of the Festool splinter guard is nearly the same as a new blade.

*I'll be mainly cutting plywood and MDF, so a blade with a finer cut might be more suitable. eg http://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-co ... sel=951516

Bodgers":9a7qc2kd said:
yogibe4r":9a7qc2kd said:
Does anyone know if this will run a Scheppach saw track? They look similar but would be good to know for sure.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

As was mentioned previously, this saw looks to be a Scheppach CS55 / Woodstar Divar 55 / Grizzly T10687 tracksaw clone, so the answer is mostly likely, yes.

post-7964-0-99525900-1383400016.png

Should work, they're all made in the same factory in PRC :mrgreen:

Rhossydd":16lj8vln said:
How are people finding the supplied blade ?
I'm wondering whether it's worth fitting a better/different blade* before making the first cut through the splinter guard.
From what I can see many of the alternative blades have a thinner 1.4 kerf and there are few alternatives with the same supplied 2.6mm kerf blade. I could fit a new splinter guard at a later date to match a thinner kerf, but the cost of the Festool splinter guard is nearly the same as a new blade.

*I'll be mainly cutting plywood and MDF, so a blade with a finer cut might be more suitable. eg http://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-co ... sel=951516

I replaced mine with a trend 48T blade CSB/16548B for similar reasons, and I'm happy with the results. not that I thought the supplied blade was particularly bad.

I wasn't sure the saw will take a thin kerf blade. Looking at the arbor I thought there might me a problem tightening it up if the body of the blade is not thick enough, so stayed with a similar kerf blade.

olddogsleeping":59xmp9pv said:
I'm wasn't sure the saw will take a thin kerf blade. Looking at the arbor I thought there might me a problem tightening it up if the body of the blade it not thick enough, so stayed with a similar kerf blade.
From what I can measure, the arbor has a 1mm deep collar.
The next problem is finding out what thickness the actual blades are. The only spec I can find is for CMT's 1.7mm kerf blade which has a 1.1mm blade thickness, so ought to fit.
I'll email Axminster and see if they can supply further details of their blades.

antoine.rizzotti":1okpujfu said:
From my experience Lidl tools are not very reliable. Have you used it? Can you share some more details? Thanks
Probably too early to tell on the Lidl/Parkside specifically, but as has been said this is identical to the Scheppach et al, so I would have a search for opinions on those...

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

antoine.rizzotti":2vcxy0em said:
From my experience Lidl tools are not very reliable. Have you used it? Can you share some more details? Thanks
But as the tools have a 3 year warranty you are not likely to end up out of pocket.

antoine.rizzotti":31dkb481 said:
From my experience Lidl tools are not very reliable. Have you used it?
My experience of the Parkside tools is mixed. Several have been fine and one failure, but I got a full refund on that so no problem.
I'm waiting to get a better crosscut blade before I start to use it.
From what I can see so far; It's the usual Parkside build quality, usable, but with a few poorly implemented features. It should give me an insight into the usefulness of a track saw in my workshop. It's not something I expect to use a lot, but if it proves really helpful and then fails, I'll get the refund and go for a Festool instead.

You might be surprised how much you use it.

I sold my Domino 500 and used the money to buy a Festool TS-55 Track Saw set, I didn't think I would use it much but wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Apart from using my cabinet saw to rip lengths and cut small pieces on the crosscut sled, for almost everything else now I use the track saw. It's particularly good for putting a straight edge on boards or solid timber.

Ed Bray":xn3ah75y said:
You might be surprised how much you use it.

Never had a track saw, never even knew they existed for probably 90 % of my life. Now I have one I use it almost daily and keep finding new uses for it. Last night I took it out on site to trim a door. Made quick work of it too.

Parkside YAAAAAA (hammer)

Rhossydd":33x4lybz said:
antoine.rizzotti":33x4lybz said:
From my experience Lidl tools are not very reliable. Have you used it?
My experience of the Parkside tools is mixed. Several have been fine and one failure, but I got a full refund on that so no problem.
I'm waiting to get a better crosscut blade before I start to use it.
From what I can see so far; It's the usual Parkside build quality, usable, but with a few poorly implemented features. It should give me an insight into the usefulness of a track saw in my workshop. It's not something I expect to use a lot, but if it proves really helpful and then fails, I'll get the refund and go for a Festool instead.

I have Dewalt Tracksaw - highly recommend it, totally flawless from what I can see, and a bit cheaper than the Festool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

olddogsleeping":jo3srtce said:
I wasn't sure the saw will take a thin kerf blade.
I'm happy to report it will. I contacted Axminster about their 165mm Axcaliber blades http://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-co ... sel=951516 they have a 1.5mm kerf and the blade is 1mm thick. I ordered one and it fits the Parkside saw with no problems. On a first test cut the 40T Axcaliber blade seems to give a much better cut.
Anyone fitting one needs to remember that if they've already used the saw with the standard blade, the splinter guard can't be used as an exact cutting line due to the thinner kerf. I've read that using a different(better) splinter guard eg Festool is an improvement anyway.

Rhossydd":ik9nfiw0 said:
olddogsleeping":ik9nfiw0 said:
I wasn't sure the saw will take a thin kerf blade.
I'm happy to report it will. I contacted Axminster about their 165mm Axcaliber blades http://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-co ... sel=951516 they have a 1.5mm kerf and the blade is 1mm thick. I ordered one and it fits the Parkside saw with no problems. On a first test cut the 40T Axcaliber blade seems to give a much better cut.
Anyone fitting one needs to remember that if they've already used the saw with the standard blade, the splinter guard can't be used as an exact cutting line due to the thinner kerf. I've read that using a different(better) splinter guard eg Festool is an improvement anyway.

After reading the above I bought the same blade. But!!!!! It's too thin to work on my saw :eek: However, a minutes work with the arbor washer on a diamond plate and it's fine now. Nice smooth cuts now. :D

I managed to get a Parkside plunge/track saw from LIDL today, after missing out last year. 6 of them at the Welwyn Garden City branch when I dropped in at 10:00. £10 more this year but still looks a bargain at £69.99.

There are no track clamps but as it is a rebadged Scheppach PL5 I could get a pair of Scheppach clamps for it, although these have just plain screws. However, for less money I could get some much better quick adjust Festool or Makita clamps, if they fit. Anyone tried Festool or Makita clamps with this saw track?

The head of the T slot for the clamps on the Parkside track is 12 mm wide, 6.3 mm deep and the entrance is 9 mm wide.

Festool tracks and clamps works fine with the parkside saw, used my saw today with a festool track and 2 x 150mm clamps to trim down a door.

Just been to lidl as I wanted to pick up the nailer as a starter until I get an air compressor one and saw these plunge saws, are these a good buy at that price, there was still loads left in my store in Weymouth even half hour ago. Wondering now if I should go back and pick this up aswell??

technium":2yuc021f said:
Just been to lidl as I wanted to pick up the nailer as a starter until I get an air compressor one and saw these plunge saws, are these a good buy at that price, there was still loads left in my store in Weymouth even half hour ago. Wondering now if I should go back and pick this up aswell??
Give these cheap electrical nailers a miss - they are awful. Save the money against a compressor.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

technium":2wp2jcue said:
Wondering now if I should go back and pick this up aswell??

I have one for quite a while now. Well pleased with it.

Back