The Lidl plunge saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bought one (and spare track) but not used it in anger yet, so I'll do the plastic cover trick - and having a spare bolt seems prudent if they are that soft.

I also find that the tensioning cams (the thingys that make it fit the track snuggly) get loose all the time. I haven't figured out how to sorry that yet..

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I am not impressed with the dust management of this saw. I taped over the little window but the 2019 version of this saw spews dust forward even when the dust port is connected to a festool dust extractor. I bought it to see if I would actually use a tracksaw much, so perhaps it is time to upgrade. It seems a shame as apart from being a little jerky when setting the depth etc it cuts rather well. As it is an 8th of the price of a festool and nearly a 10th of the price of a Mafell, well actually the entire saw is almost the same price as a saw blade for one of the two I just mentioned it is a great tool for occassional users. So if anyone has a solution to the forward spouting dust issue I am sure others would be glad to learn about it too.

Depends on the cut I am doing but I find the dist management pretty good. Perfect? No but plenty good enough for me.

Latest posts

Back