Plunge saw buying recommendations £150-250 budget

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did. Festool even have a forum to report them. Problems reported are minor, and all found a solution.
Heres an example -
" My TS55EQ won't turn on. It worked for the last cut of the day and then wouldn't work the next day. Other tools work fine with dust collector. I tried plugging in direct to wall outlet and that doesn't work either. No previous signs of trouble; no smoke, odd sounds, etc. IT'S 15 YEARS OLD, but only used occasionally for larger projects. Never dropped, always well taken care of. Anything left to try?

OP adds -
Problem solved. It was the older plug-it cord.
" Would it be too much to have the plug-it connections to face the same way?" Shocking :eek:
" I was working on a small box today and the Domino cutter kept grabbing and skating as I plunged."
Reason - Clogged bit.

People asking for advice on Macallister were either told return it or throw it out and buy something better.

Here's some quotes concerning users experiences of MAcallister taken directly from diy forums-
" It's really crappy "
" MacAllister is rubbish and when it falls apart when the warranty runs out you wont be able to get parts for it."
" the macallister tools i have bought have been unreliable"
" cheap n nasty "

These are taken from forums, when people, like minded hobbyists through to professionals reporting on problems theyve had. It would be easy to bring up reviews from Mrs/Mr Tom/Richard/Harry who just bought something and in all honestly hasnt a clue.
Well, you've just cherry-picked a handful of items you agree with. I could do exactly the same thing. At the end of the day, my point stands: nothing is exactly one thing and cannot be boiled down so easily as you do. But hey, each to their own and all that :) I've said all I can on this topic, and hope the OP can find something useful in this thread.

Well, you've just cherry-picked a handful of items you agree with. I could do exactly the same thing. At the end of the day, my point stands: nothing is exactly one thing and cannot be boiled down so easily as you do. But hey, each to their own and all that :) I've said all I can on this topic, and hope the OP can find something useful in this thread.
Absolutely. He'll save up his pennies and buy a festool, Makita,Dewalt or Bosch because he knows that's the best investment and the cheapo's are sad imitation wannabes.

Back