• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

the kindness of others...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

MickCheese

Established Member
Reaction score
I really like the Sycamore one, very elegant. Not a fan of 'fat' pens but each to their own and the wood is lovely.

Mick

Jonzjob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, S France. Now NW Wilts, UK
I'm with you on the 'fat' pens Mick, but they both look good and the grain in both is supurb with a lovely finish.

Well done Nev! Hang on in there with the skew. It is the most versatile tool between centres me-thinks. I curse it too sometimes :shock:

Since I joined this forum I have been very impressed with the generousity of the members and it just gets better!

I reckon that if we were to run this world of ours, sorted! No more problems!

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent, both. I have an odd attraction for pens (mainly fountain) so I am predisposed to like a nice pen. I also agree the number of forum members here who have given me things, helped me learn (a recent one-to-one tuition in the art of the skew in wood-turning for example).
Re pens, used for writing. Are they becoming an anachronism to go the way of slide rules, say?

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
MickCheese":2ad0cbph said:
I really like the Sycamore one, very elegant. Not a fan of 'fat' pens but each to their own and the wood is lovely.

Mick
not so much as fat, but short - the ronnie corbett of the pen world :)
morepens1.jpg

and if anyone can id the nobbly one....? its one of the blanks that came in the pen making kit and smelt a bit like slightly burnt caramel when turning :?

Attachments

myturn

Established Member
Reaction score
Really like the sycamore one with the chrome fittings, good choice.