the kindness of others...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
two pens I made this week from wood kindly donated by other forum members =D>

pen rippled sycamore1.jpg

sycamore (thank you Rich)

pursepen1.jpg

little purse pen in (slightly) spalted english lacewood (cheers Dodge)
I'm just about getting the hang of the skew with small stuff :D

Attachments

• pen rippled sycamore1.jpg
    pen rippled sycamore1.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 786
  • pursepen1.jpg
    pursepen1.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 803
I'm with you on the 'fat' pens Mick, but they both look good and the grain in both is supurb with a lovely finish.

Well done Nev! Hang on in there with the skew. It is the most versatile tool between centres me-thinks. I curse it too sometimes :shock:

Since I joined this forum I have been very impressed with the generousity of the members and it just gets better!

I reckon that if we were to run this world of ours, sorted! No more problems!

Excellent, both. I have an odd attraction for pens (mainly fountain) so I am predisposed to like a nice pen. I also agree the number of forum members here who have given me things, helped me learn (a recent one-to-one tuition in the art of the skew in wood-turning for example).
Re pens, used for writing. Are they becoming an anachronism to go the way of slide rules, say?

MickCheese":2ad0cbph said:
I really like the Sycamore one, very elegant. Not a fan of 'fat' pens but each to their own and the wood is lovely.

Mick

not so much as fat, but short - the ronnie corbett of the pen world :)
morepens1.jpg

and if anyone can id the nobbly one....? its one of the blanks that came in the pen making kit and smelt a bit like slightly burnt caramel when turning :?

Attachments

• morepens1.jpg
    morepens1.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 598
Back