The Killing BBC4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better than the original Wallender now. Sunday to Friday is just a boring wait (and I don't normally watch the box) :D

Fantastic viewing - best thing on TV.

It must be somebody political - trying to frame Hartmann. It's far too early for him to be guilty.
I am suspicious of his girlfriend - not as the murderer but I think she has a hidden agenda which has something to do with her father or stopping Hartmann winning?

Comes out in DVD with English subtitles in April.

Rod

Seriously, there have been some real red herrings but also a lot of things left dangling. For instance, who was the bloke in the car at the leaflet session who suddenly drove off in a hurry when Lund and Meyer were looking at him? What was so special about the map Theis was looking for...the one that ended up on his daughters coffin at the funeral but which he didn't pick up.

It is someone with glasses.....Morten? Chief Commissioner? Holke? The Mayor? Or it's an Agatha Christie and we don't know what we don't know.

It was Mr S, in the workshop, with the chisel. :lol: Do not deny it Studders, I saw you when I was doing my peeping tom rounds :shock:

Cheers

Mike

I tried to watch the first episode tonight.. I'm sure it's excellent, but I can't see very well in the evenings and it's just too much like hard work. I can watch the film or read the subtitles, but not both at the same time.
What happened to the gentle art of dubbing?
Steve, missing out :(

Steve Maskery":1noaoenu said:

Still alive, I did my boots only last week.

I have an alibaba Mr C, so 'ner.

Deffo not Hartman, unless it's a Red, Red Herring and he doesn't have an alibaba after all. But my suspect is someone very close to him. Hmmmmmmmm???

Very disappointed with Theis, was really liking him.

Inspector Clueless.

Steve if you just started viewing yo have missed more than half of the episodes (unless iPlayer goes back to the beginning?)
It is filmed very darkly (it seems that nobody in Copenhagen uses bulbs greater than 40watt?) and you need a good quality screen with good blacks. I watched it on my iPhone the other week and it was hopeless - thankfully I had it recorded at home.

Sometimes dubbing can be very bad - awful "acting" and voices. You do not get the tonal expressions that you get with the real actors voices even if you cannot understand them.
We have the DVD's of the Swedish "Girl with Dragon Tattoo" releases and much prefer to watch the original subtitled version.
The dubbed versions are "flat" by comparison and some of the dubbers have American accents! Nothing against that but the country of origin should be consistent?

Rod

studders":3rnyyrv2 said:
Steve Maskery":3rnyyrv2 said:

Still alive, I did my boots only last week.

I have an alibaba Mr C, so 'ner.

Deffo not Hartman, unless it's a Red, Red Herring and he doesn't have an alibaba after all. But my suspect is someone very close to him. Hmmmmmmmm???

Very disappointed with Theis, was really liking him.

Inspector Clueless.

I agree...Hartman is too much a red herring....unless they are misleading us into thinking it is not him but then right at the last minute it is. I also don't trust his girlfriend/secretary. I think she is a mole in cahoots with the Mayor. In fact, she probably is the lovechild of the Mayor.

Would help a little if we understood the Danish political system...I mean to say... a Mayor of Education? What's that all about? Same as an MP? A local councillor? Reminds me a bit about this joke.

Some Scandinavians were in an aircrash and ended up on four separate desert islands. After six months, they were all found. When the rescuers reached them, they found that all the Norwegians had gone fishing, all the Finns had cut down all the trees, the Danish had formed a co-operative and the Swedes were still waiting to be introduced to each other. {You need to have a little understanding of the relative cultures for this joke to work)

RogerS":2l9h4fab said:
Would help a little if we understood the Danish political system...I mean to say... a Mayor of Education? What's that all about? Same as an MP? A local councillor?
It does seem a very strange system doesn't it. How can someone who appears to be not yet elected be in charge of a Government Dept. ? Esp when they are in a different party to the elected Mayor. :? :?

studders":d9s957fx said:
RogerS":d9s957fx said:
Would help a little if we understood the Danish political system...I mean to say... a Mayor of Education? What's that all about? Same as an MP? A local councillor?
It does seem a very strange system doesn't it. How can someone who appears to be not yet elected be in charge of a Government Dept. ? Esp when they are in a different party to the elected Mayor. :? :?

I don't think he is at Govt level. Both Hartmann and the Mayor are at a local level. Just Googled and they can't get rid of the elected Mayor unless he commits a crime...mmmmmm.....??

Yup..."the Mayor of Education for Copenhagen City, Mr Per Bregent "

You're probably right but then, that makes it even curiouser. Why so much media interest, TV coverage, apparent 'help' from high quarters in covering up evidence etc etc, for a 'Local' Election?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm????? :?

What's the significance of the necklace clasped in Nanna's hand? Also, why does Hartmann comment on Morten's new shoes?? (Yep, missing it so much that I've rewatched all the previous episodes...)

I've had another go tonight. Finished Episode 1 and watched E2. You are right about the low level of energy consumption. Does the sun never rise in that part of the world?
I might have to start watching it during the day. How sad is that?
S

Steve Maskery":3ln9996f said:
I've had another go tonight. Finished Episode 1 and watched E2. You are right about the low level of energy consumption. Does the sun never rise in that part of the world?
I might have to start watching it during the day. How sad is that?
S

LOL....not only that, none of the lightbulbs seem to work either. Lund will go into a crime scene in a building and she never turns the lights on!

I did say that Troels was a red-herring..and we just got introduced to the next one...Jens Holtz...who LOML has her money on right since the first time he appeared. My money is still on Bremer and Brix has got something to do with it as well.

Back