The frustration of it all

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else out there ever feel like going postal?

I was issued with a parking ticket for parking in a No Loading bay in Poole High St. The Traffic Warden never put a ticket on my screen, I just received a letter making we aware that I owed £70 and the 50% reduction I could have had had now passed.

What I find really annoying is that the parking bays are split into 2 sections. One with No Loading Mon -Sun and another parking is fine at any time. On closer inspection you can only tell them apart by the signs on the walls as the No Loading area does not have the yellow kerb markings that should accompany a No Loading area.

So I thought I would appeal the PCN, but then have just found out that Poole Council has special directions to dispense of the yellow kerb markings. What is the point of having a centrally issued road regulations document if the secretary of state signs off special directions giving councils the power to drop certain aspects.

I walked down the High St today and there where 4 cars with PCNs stuck on their screens all because they bays look the same as those which do allow parking at anytime during the day.

Arghhh

flanajb":3mv9n7s1 said:

Arghhh

Only about three times every day. Years ago I took a car back to the guy who sold it to me to fix it as the brakes had failed. He left it parked on double yellows and said he'd lost the key, I was unable to move it and eventually it got crushed by the council. It ended up with 29 parking tickets on it. I went to court to explain the situation and the magistrates said I was not liable. However due to a "technicality" the police said I had to pay for the other 28 parking tickets, whether liable or not for the parking, as I'd not filled in each and every one of them!!!!!.

Eventually after several months and getting my MP involved, the Metropolitan Police said that in the circumstances, even though they were not at fault, they would kindly agree on this occasion to waive the fines!!!!!

When the system decides to screw you over, common sense, justice, fairness and everything else takes a holiday. You truly have my sympathy.

RossJarvis":1kaechi1 said:
flanajb":1kaechi1 said:

Arghhh

Only about three times every day. Years ago I took a car back to the guy who sold it to me to fix it as the brakes had failed. He left it parked on double yellows and said he'd lost the key, I was unable to move it and eventually it got crushed by the council. It ended up with 29 parking tickets on it. I went to court to explain the situation and the magistrates said I was not liable. However due to a "technicality" the police said I had to pay for the other 28 parking tickets, whether liable or not for the parking, as I'd not filled in each and every one of them!!!!!.

Eventually after several months and getting my MP involved, the Metropolitan Police said that in the circumstances, even though they were not at fault, they would kindly agree on this occasion to waive the fines!!!!!

When the system decides to screw you over, common sense, justice, fairness and everything else takes a holiday. You truly have my sympathy.

Your situation has put mine into context though! I would get my MP involved, but he is bloody useless.

RossJarvis":3206k6u2 said:
flanajb":3206k6u2 said:
Your situation has put mine into context though! I would get my MP involved, but he is bloody useless.

I thought that was the main qualification for the job :x
Oh yeah. Why did I think otherwise

Latest posts

Back