The engineers tool box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brill88

Tom Brill general woodworker and woodsman
Reaction score
I remember visiting Birmingham museum before all the covid rubbish and there was this cabinet past the ww1 exhibit of a few bits of the industrial past one thing that caught my eye was a metal riveted hand made tool box must’ve weighed a bit but was very nice to look at real craftsmanship.
Years ago I made a box for my farthers retirement from jaguar cars he started from the bottom up and did his engineering over at Coventry all gone now sadly but I squired an old engineer box from a chap who’s friend worked there in the 1960s it was in a bad way so needed new bits and a full resteration but even placed a nice plaque on it for him. For all the little bits I have I think I’ll make one to keep the rust of them I haven’t made one before so will make more a joiners one like this
86B79E46-1CC7-45EC-8C47-222E6E6669E5.png

Looks very simalar to a Paul Sellers toolbox.

Cheers James
Yes that’s one of Paul’s in the photo but not the one he has plans on must be an earlier one he did as an odd job box but I’ll put more draws in mine

I think the apprentices at Boscombe Down make a riveted aluminium toolbox as a practice piece in their first year, I remember coveting one at an open day a couple of years ago.

Aidan

I think the apprentices at Boscombe Down make a riveted aluminium toolbox as a practice piece in their first year, I remember coveting one at an open day a couple of years ago.

Aidan
Bet they look grand nice thing to keep that

Back