The 5th annual Macmillan cancer charity open workshop event

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks. The weekend charity open day is fast approaching, so here's a gentle reminder, and a blast from the past from two old geezers to invite you along on the day, and to get your bids in on the amazing on line auction Jim Hendricks is currently running. For those of you who may have missed all the fuss, and previous years events, this is the 5th annual Macmillan Nurses charity open day on the 8th of June at our workshops at unit 7 Dallacre farm, Wilbarston, LE168FE.
The original format for this event was a chance for folks to donate there unwanted tools or woodworking related items for other people to browse through and take away while making a donation to this wonderful Charity. As usual , there will be displays of vintage tools along with demos, and plenty to eat and drink. Bill and Sarah Carter will as usual be attending, and Oliver Ollie Sparks, plane makers workshop will be open to visitors. The on line auction this year has some astounding lots, and is well worth checking out. You can find all the details by following this link, https://www.facebook.com/groups/Unplugg ... 054395118/
fd1cRgP.jpg

Looking forward to seeing all the usual suspects on Saturday. For anyone who has never been and is dithering, it's a great day out.

Have myJune schedule. Working. I knew I would be. :| Think of the mortgage.
I'm booking it off next year and taking Memzey up on his kind offer. The road to hell and all that Memzey....
I hope all have a cracking day and please feel free to post as many photos as you all feel able. Really. Lot's of pictures please!
*sadface
Best wishes for everything and a Grand Day Out for all.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris,

Ear infections are quite common.
I believe they affect your balance (I assume not good in your job) but could easily clear up by the following Monday.
Just saying.

I missed last years due to work and helping a mate move house. Won't be making the same mistake again! :D

lurker":2xania6x said:
Chris,

Ear infections are quite common.
I believe they affect your balance (I assume not good in your job) but could easily clear up by the following Monday.
Just saying.

I'm sure I also heard that your local chinese, indian, thai, texmex, bulgarian and whatever else is nearby all seem to have reports of customers having food poisoning recently...... seems it's quite endemic down your way.

Looks like a dream day out, but I wouldn't be able to make it due to work commitments, I have however applied to join the facebook group to have a cheeky bid or two

I have given myself a good talking to about my tool hoarding "illness".
I am putting together a box of stuff for the "bring and buy" table.
Hope you are all doing the same.

lurker":ydj592ag said:
I have given myself a good talking to about my tool hoarding "illness".
I am putting together a box of stuff for the "bring and buy" table.
Hope you are all doing the same.

I've tried that. Trouble is, knowing that there's a fresh space in the workshop is the perfect excuse to support the cause and buy some new old tools!

It's a great idea of Richard's. :D

Chris,

Further to the posts by Jim and Rafe above, you must know as well as I that there is a terrible lurgie going around St. Albans at the minute. 24 hour bug or so it seems. Lots of people dropping like flies only to have Lazarus like recoveries the next day.

I’ll pick you up about 8:30. Bring your conversation “A” game though - my radio is on the blink :)

I am pretty certain that no one's last words, on their deathbed, were "I wish I had spent more time at work".

Ps. the lurgie has spread to the whole of Essex

Quite right Lurker but if I don't go in the boys can't work because I'm the only level 3 abseil guy. Everybody loses out. Never know, things sometimes go south at short notice and jobs occasionally get cancelled a day or two before. There's still an atom of hope. :wink:
Anyway, nuff about me. I'm trying to 'hack' the Mrs' Ipad so I can look at ebay lots lol. :twisted:

I will be going this year, I escaped Chatsworth flower show this year.

Pete

How do I see the lots? How do I bid?

Just found the bidding instructions on Facebook but still can't work out how to see what is on offer.

whiskywill":1e5d53j5 said:
How do I see the lots? How do I bid?

Just found the bidding instructions on Facebook but still can't work out how to see what is on offer.

Must admit, I got the Mrs to lend me her phone last night so I could look on fb and I could see the placed bids on items but not a list of all items. Probably missing summat obvious I would think.

Great event again today and a wonderful fundraising outcome - 10k+ in one day - awesome! As ever the crowd was brilliant and everything was superbly organised by Richard, Kate and Jim. Big thanks to you all for putting it on again. Looking forward to next year already!

Back