The 5th annual Macmillan cancer charity open workshop event

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant!!

Really sorry I couldn't make this one. The first four were pretty amazing but this sounds even better. Congrats to all the generous donors and buyers.

It was a great day out and what a great collection of people. It was a pleasure to meet so many interesting and committed people coming together for such a good cause. The organisers and helpers did a wonderful job.

Regards and thanks,

Colin

Thoroughly enjoyable day, congratulations & thanks to all involved in organising such a worthwhile event =D> =D>

Aaaarrrggghhh! I simply forgot! A friend asked me to help with a little job and I said Yes. It could have been done any time :(
Glad you all had a good time.
Must try harder.

Incredible achievement. Over ten thousand pounds raised. Unreal. I went to work. It was rubbish. Who'd have guessed. I'd rather have attended. Will book it off next year for sure. Thanks again for the offer Memzey and thanks PeteM for the photos. Sometimes people are just great.

Steve Maskery":1ayvhqix said:
Aaaarrrggghhh! I simply forgot! A friend asked me to help with a little job and I said Yes. It could have been done any time :(
Glad you all had a good time.
Must try harder.

Do what I do.
Around Christmas time I go into a pound shop and buy a book called a "diary"
It has blank pages marked with each day of the following year in it.
You then write down stuff you want to do on a specific day and refer to it every so often.
Perfect for old Dodderers who forget things. :wink:

lurker":3nyumwar said:
Is it just me or were Petes photos all out of focus ?

Yep, it’s that cheap camera of mine.

:wink:

Pete

Well , what a week....
The dust has now finally settled from last weeks amazing charity workshop open day, and things are almost back to normal, well as normal as our world ever gets!
From myself, Kate Arnold, Jim Hendricks, Oliver sparks, and the rest of the team, we would like to give you a huge thank you for all your support. It was great to see Rob Turner Macmillan this year, and thank you Rob for taking these wonderful photo's . for those of you who supported us so generously in Jim Hendricks on line auction, I am happy to tell you that all our lots are now parceled up, and have been dropped of at classic hand tools ready to be sent all over the world.
I know this is a small but intensely friendly event, but what you wonderful folks actually achieve is truly staggering. It's tempting to try and raise the game with each passing year, but to our mind I think the intimacy of this little gathering of like minded people is what makes it so special, so although I'm sure we will all be reuniting together next year, I want to assure you things will remain much as they always have been.
Love you all, Richard, and Kate Arnold
wb6BlDD.jpg

Back