THANKS VERY MUCH AXMINSTER

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
A big thankyou has to go out to Axminster =D>, who IMHO did a fantastic job to get their 112kg Heavy Duty Beach Workbench to me in less than a week =D>

I ordered it last Thursday and i asked when it would be delivered.The lady told me that heavy goods usually took around 3 or 4 weeks, but she would put me through to the heavy goods manager. He also told me that it would be at least 3 weeks, but i must have sounded disappointed because he than said that if i could organise someone to be there to help the TNT driver to unload, he would get them to pick it up after the bank holiday and it should be with me 2 or 3 days later.

He was true to his word, because yesterday i received a email from Axminster to say that my order had been dispatched. Then about an hour ago, there was a knock on the door, and when i opened it the TNT driver was unloading my workbench.

Alright Axminster charge £30 for orders over 100kg, but as i learnt when they delivered my Jet 54A a couple of years ago this is money well spent.
And IMHO this went beyond that, because 3 of these's days were over a bank holiday weekend, and to think that they and TNT got this workbench 650 miles overnight is amazing.

But what really chuffed me was it turned up on my birthday, and no they did not know this. \:D/

So thanks Axminster and TNT

Cheers

Mike

Nice one Mike, I think Axminster are a star company and this demonstrates that perfectly. Let us know how you get on with the bench.

Well there's a change !! :(
See my previous post (bench saw with sliding table)

I was ready for ordering a PERFORM bench saw from them at £630, but when I was told 2-3 weeks for delivery. Sorry :eek:

I was told they use their own transport for larger items and it would depend on when they where next in my area.
Sorry but I use the saw for work and could not wait so long and explained very nicely to the lady, but no compromise, 2-3 weeks like it or lump it.

So therefore went elsewhere and ordered a similar saw even though it was £150 more expensive.

I work in avery competative market and if my customers thought they would get the goods a day sooner they would go elsewhere.

Ah well if they can afford to lose £600+ of business through such looooong delivery times then thats up to them, but really 2-3 weeks ?!!!!
Thats unbelievable in todays market.

Peely,

Well there's a change !!
See my previous post (bench saw with sliding table)

Sorry to hear about your problem with Axminster.

Peely,

I was ready for ordering a PERFORM bench saw from them at £630, but when I was told 2-3 weeks for delivery. Sorry

I was told they use their own transport for larger items and it would depend on when they where next in my area.
Sorry but I use the saw for work and could not wait so long and explained very nicely to the lady, but no compromise, 2-3 weeks like it or lump it.

I know that it is a long time, but this is roughly how long they normally take, and as far as i know they also normally use their own transport and they try to wait until they have a full load. This is why i was well chuffed when they went out of their way to get my order delivered to Scotland in less than a week.

Anyway let us know how you get on with your new saw.

Cheers

Mike

Will do.............................is it only me who gets excited about a new machine arriving ?!!! :lol:

Sad.............................I know !!

Ordered a morticer and dovetail jig on the net about 10pm Wednesday.
E-mail from Axminster to say despatched 0849 Thurs - arrived at work before 0900 today.

Excellent service (also another excuse to spend the weekend in the workshop :D )

Andrew (who also still enjoys new toys :lol: )

Latest posts

Back