Thank you to Charley

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed Steve - A big thanks from a new comer to woodwork who spends more time reading and learning than posting! Without this site I would be struggling even more than I am at the minute. :lol:

Paul.

Like others, I too appreciate the work that must go in to the forum by Charley and the moderators. I have certainly learnt a lot and hopefully have been able to contribute something too. However as senior says, this is a forum which according to one definition is "a public meeting or assembly for open discussion" (my italics). I sincerely hope that 'open discussion' will be encouraged but appreciate that this is perhaps easier said than done.

Steve

Thanks for giving me so much pleasure in my happy retirement. I've always got something to kick the day off with, a look into UKWorkshop.

Charley":1ow4y84b said:
Thanks for everyone's comments, :oops: :) I (and I'm sure the rest of the team do as well) really appreciate them - cheers :D

NeilO":1ow4y84b said:
Im not sure how Charley actually funds this forum, so how about a contribution towards running it.... Im not talking Lie-neilsen prices but some annual "membership" fee, and if Charley finds he`s running at a profit maybe he could put it towards the "prizes" for the regular competitions??

Up until a couple of years ago UKW was funded entirely by myself. In the last few months thanks to the Google and banner ads it's been paying for it self (just about). If things continue at the current rate I'm hoping UKW will start making a profit next year (not bad for seven years :wink: :roll: ) although I'm sure it'll all be put back into UKW to improve the content and features..

This is something I've wondered about - I have Axminster among my list of website favourites, and use that link; BUT - if I use Axminster's link from the forum, does UKW get anything out of it to help towards the running costs?

Oh, and just to echo the thanks - the amount of useful information (and laughs) I've had in the short time I've been looking at the forum is priceless (for everything else, there's Mastercard :D - which has taken a severe battering as a direct result :roll: )

cumbrain,

This is something I've wondered about - I have Axminster among my list of website favourites, and use that link; BUT - if I use Axminster's link from the forum, does UKW get anything out of it to help towards the running costs?

Yes I believe that as long as you enter the Axminster site (or any other company) through clicking on the banner from here, then Ukworkshop will get a small percentage of anything you spend on that occasion. Which is an excellent way of helping to keep the forum running.
I have no idea of what it costs (but i cannot imagine it is cheap) to run a web site like this, but if Charley has been paying out of his own pocket for our enjoyment for the last few years, then it is only fair that we now repay him by buying anything we need from companies that advertise here. I certainly will be, what do you think?

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":3vbkorti said:
Yes I believe that as long as you enter the Axminster site (or any other company) through clicking on the banner from here, then Ukworkshop will get a small percentage of anything you spend on that occasion.

Actually the banners ads at the top right including the Axminster one are just static links and we don't get a percentage of the sales but thanks anyway :)

Charley,

Actually the banners ads at the top right including the Axminster one are just static links and we don't get a percentage of the sales but thanks anyway

Oh well wrong again :oops: Come on Charley I am sinking fast here, so throw me a life belt won't you, even a Polo mint will do, wasn't I even close :lol:

Cheers

Mike

I'd also like to thank Charley for providing a place where we can all meet to share ideas, thoughts, techniques and find answers to help others. It's also handy for catching the latest deals and for opinions of which tool or machine to buy, etc. I used to look to magazines for help in these sort of situations. But why wait weeks, even months for a response when you can have a reply, here, within 10 minutes! :D

I read in British Woodworking that you've been doing this since you were 16, Charley? Christ, when I was that age I could never have found the time to commit to something like this! Although I put many, many hours of my life in to Championship Manager...

I'd like to add to that.

Also I'd like to apoligise to Charley for abusing his hospitality and to the rest of you for the "rant" I had on Friday.

Sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

lurker":2j9gxqlb said:
I'd like to add to that.

Also I'd like to apoligise to Charley for abusing his hospitality and to the rest of you for the "rant" I had on Friday.

Sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

Go and stand in the corner and face the wall until further notice :lol:

Martin

As a new newbie I'd like to thank Charley et al for the forum, I'd also like to thank all of you who WILL be helping me and other over the next few weeks, months, years, decades (hopefully).

:eek:ccasion5:

Thanks and well done

Latest posts

Back