Thank you to Charley

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Given the high temperature round here recently I just thought that it would just be nice to say Thank You to Charley for all the time and money he puts in running this game. Same goes for the other mods too. We sometimes say TY at Christmas, but I for one am grateful all year round.

Cheers
Steve

I too would like to say how grateful I am to Charley and the mods (sounds like a Sixties pop group :lol: ) for putting so much effort and time to run this fabulous site, I know how much is put into something like this as I have done it myself on a much smaller scale.

:eek:ccasion5: Martin

I'll go along with that. Must be a difficult and unenviable job at times. Thanks Charley and the mods =D> =D>

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Thanks to an awful lot of help from Charley I've recently had chance to start a forum and found setting it up really interesting and addictive.

Running it long term would probably be a different matter, some people seem to behave differently on the net than they would face to face.

Perhaps it's the anonymity.

Indeed - thanks Charley and the mods.

It is a great place but sometimes the odd pause or 'save as draft' before posting/ replying can work wonders. That said lets not manage the passion or differences out of this. Its a forum after all not a consensus. Forum rage like Road rage is unacceptable and no one benefits

Cheers

Tim

Agreed, Charley and the Mods do a great job...

Im not sure how Charley actually funds this forum, so how about a contribution towards running it.... Im not talking Lie-neilsen prices but some annual "membership" fee, and if Charley finds he`s running at a profit maybe he could put it towards the "prizes" for the regular competitions??

my membership fee is in the post , Honest :lol:

Quite right too, I heartily agree. A big thank you to all those who make this forum the great place it is.
And well done Steve for reminding us not to take Charlie et al for granted - without whom etc............

Cheers
Mark

Much as I enjoy the forum this all seems a bit sycophantic.
I appreciate all the work put in by the mods but find there is no consistancy and threads are locked without explaination. I am aware this post will not be welcomed by most but as mentioned previously its a forum not a club.

Thanks for everyone's comments, :oops: :) I (and I'm sure the rest of the team do as well) really appreciate them - cheers :D

NeilO":1h8k601e said:
Im not sure how Charley actually funds this forum, so how about a contribution towards running it.... Im not talking Lie-neilsen prices but some annual "membership" fee, and if Charley finds he`s running at a profit maybe he could put it towards the "prizes" for the regular competitions??

Up until a couple of years ago UKW was funded entirely by myself. In the last few months thanks to the Google and banner ads it's been paying for it self (just about). If things continue at the current rate I'm hoping UKW will start making a profit next year (not bad for seven years :wink: :roll: ) although I'm sure it'll all be put back into UKW to improve the content and features..

Agree that it's an excellent site, with knowledgeable and generally patient and helpful contributors. Having run one of the first student-centred sites for the Open University some 15 years ago, I know how easy it is for these things to become either ego trips for a small number of contributors, or virtual versions of a Friday night brawl! Well done to the mods for steering a good course.

Back