Texturing Tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks,

I am looking to make my own holder for the sorby texturing wheels. Could someone who has one of the wheels let me know the outside and inside diameter of one of the wheels and the overall thickness.

Many thanks
Simon.

Hi Simon,
I've got the tool, but unfurtunately I'm away from home for a week and therefor can't measure it right now. If nobody else comes up with the measurements, you can get them sunday next week.

Inside diameter 8mm. The hex bolt that goes through the hole has 10,9 marked on it
Outside diameter 38mm
Thickness - just under 9mm, but the tool is supplied with 3 washers that you have to put between the bearings and the wheel holder (2 on top and 1 underneath). Total thickness of wheel and washers is just under 10mm
The gap between the jaws that hold the wheel is 10mm

OK - so I have not been that quick off the mark.

But, I have the wheel, I am guessing the shaft on the tool is approx 19mm dia? Can anyone confirm or correct me.

Thanks all.

I vaguely remember that when I bought some steel rod for tool making the diameter of the Sorby tool was 3/4", which is about 19mm. I'll be able to measure it tomorrow if you want to be exact

Duncan

Thanks Duncan, I think 'near enough is good enough' for this one. I will go with 3/4 as I have done a quick sketch and it looks about right!

(if I am way off when you see yours then please let me know though!)

thanks again,

Latest posts

Back