Quantcast

Tenoning jig for table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

A

Anonymous

Hi all

Just knocked up a tenoning jog to try on my table saw and it worked better than I hoped - might just stop cutting them on the router table when I have loads to do :wink:

Still cut by hand when there is only cut one or two to cut though :lol:

It is 'micro' adjutsable using the M6 threaded rod on top

I think it is well worth making one and it too about 2 1/2 hours to build using the table saw and router table. The slides for the top are oak, the micro adjuster lumps are off-cuts of ash and the rest is MDF

Pictures tell the story

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
More good work Tony - I have just been looking at the plans and printing them out but not getting off my a** and making them - I will have to take a leaf out of your book.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
That looks very useful, Tony. I presume the saw blade guard was only removed for photographic purposes :wink: .

Gill

SketchUp Guru

Established Member
Reaction score
Sure! I just come in from the shop after knocking up a tenonning jig for my tablesaw. First thing I do is find yours which is much better. Now I'm just going to slink off to my hole.

Nice work, Tony.

A

Anonymous

Gill":3aq5wuef said:
That looks very useful, Tony. I presume the saw blade guard was only removed for photographic purposes :wink: .

Gill
err, of course :oops: :wink:

frank

Established Member
Reaction score
seems a bit daft to me having a fella sitting on a horse in your workshop,i mean all them droppins :D :D :D

frank

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
I blush a little to attach this picture but if anyone is thinking of making a decent tenoning jig but isn't sure they'll use it why not knock one of these up to see how truly useful something with a little higher spec could be :oops:

It works reasonably well, especially as there's a fine adjuster on my table saw fence.

Novicely,
Stewart

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
This is excellent, Tony - and you too, Stuart! :D

I've always thought of it as theoretcially rather simple to knock-up a jig of your own in a matter of hours, as opposed to spending close to £100 for something that may not even be compatible with your model of table saw.

Very well done, your an inspiration to the rest of us!

I still don't like how exposed the blades are though... :?

ydb1md

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice tenoning jig Tony.

All you need now is a dado set to go with it.

I have an idea. :idea:

I'll send you a dado set if you send me your extra your BUJ. :wink: :lol:

ratkinsonuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony - what's the piece of paper for near the angle adjuster?

I have a KITY 419 - have you made any mods that I'd find usefull on mine?

Rob.

Permutation_Jim

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Kity 419, as well, although only with the mitre (what a goofy track width) and the table extensions.

I noted that you built your own zero-clearance insert, complete with screws. It'd be great to know how you did that.

I've been looking for a used table slide, but that's not likely going to hit my price / comfort range.

In any case, it'd be great to know about the insert, and I'll keep you informed about my router table insert I'm attaching to it.

Thanks, Jim

A

Anonymous

Hi jim

The zero insert was simply cut to size out of 9mm wood (ply for one and oak for another) and then I ran it over the router table to reduce the thickness to that of the aluminium one on the three sides that abridge the tabletop. I simply drilled and countersunk for the bolts and fitted the insert with the blade wound right down and the riving knife removed. I wound the spinning blade up through the wood to cut the slot. I then removed the insert and used a hand saw to extend the slot for the riving knife and then put everything back.

Permutation_Jim

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony,

Great, I'll try that.

When I lower my blade, it never gets lower than about 6 mm above the table, never mind below it. Do you use a smaller blade (smaller than the 200 mm) or have you figured out a way to lower the whole assembly?

I thought I was the only Kity owner out there, and it's nice to find a few others.

Thanks, Jim

Latest posts