Tenoning jig for table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim
When I lower my blade, it never gets lower than about 6 mm above the table, never mind below it. Do you use a smaller blade (smaller than the 200 mm) or have you figured out a way to lower the whole assembly?

Strange mine goes below the table top with either the standard 200mm blade or the Freud 190mm blade. Turn the saw over and check for muck in the mechanism, mine has occasionally stuck due to chippings and dust, but not for a while now.

Welcome to the 419 club

Bean

One thought Jim - is it the blade or the riving knife that won't drop below the table height?

I have to take the riving knife off to drop it all the way down. Is this the same with you Bean?

Rob.

Rob I use a modded riving knife which sits just below the top of the saw blade, hence both the blade and knife drop below the table of the saw, which is where it normally lives unless I have not finished cutting when I pack up for the night.

Bean

Do you still attach the Crown Guard to the riving knife, or have you set up an independent system (don't remember seeing it in the pics)?.

Rob.

Rob currently I do not use a crown guard, commercial systems are avialiable, and I am working on one of my own to allow extraction and the freedom to cut tenons horizontally

Bean

Back