Tenoning jig for table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

Just knocked up a tenoning jog to try on my table saw and it worked better than I hoped - might just stop cutting them on the router table when I have loads to do :wink:

Still cut by hand when there is only cut one or two to cut though :lol:

It is 'micro' adjutsable using the M6 threaded rod on top

I think it is well worth making one and it too about 2 1/2 hours to build using the table saw and router table. The slides for the top are oak, the micro adjuster lumps are off-cuts of ash and the rest is MDF

Pictures tell the story

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

More good work Tony - I have just been looking at the plans and printing them out but not getting off my a** and making them - I will have to take a leaf out of your book.

That looks very useful, Tony. I presume the saw blade guard was only removed for photographic purposes :wink: .

Gill

Sure! I just come in from the shop after knocking up a tenonning jig for my tablesaw. First thing I do is find yours which is much better. Now I'm just going to slink off to my hole.

Nice work, Tony.

Gill":3aq5wuef said:
That looks very useful, Tony. I presume the saw blade guard was only removed for photographic purposes :wink: .

Gill

err, of course :oops: :wink:

seems a bit daft to me having a fella sitting on a horse in your workshop,i mean all them droppins :D :D :D

frank

I blush a little to attach this picture but if anyone is thinking of making a decent tenoning jig but isn't sure they'll use it why not knock one of these up to see how truly useful something with a little higher spec could be :oops:

tenoning1.jpg

It works reasonably well, especially as there's a fine adjuster on my table saw fence.

Novicely,
Stewart

This is excellent, Tony - and you too, Stuart! :D

I've always thought of it as theoretcially rather simple to knock-up a jig of your own in a matter of hours, as opposed to spending close to £100 for something that may not even be compatible with your model of table saw.

Very well done, your an inspiration to the rest of us!

I still don't like how exposed the blades are though... :?

Nice tenoning jig Tony.

All you need now is a dado set to go with it.

I have an idea. :idea:

I'll send you a dado set if you send me your extra your BUJ. :wink: :lol:

Tony - what's the piece of paper for near the angle adjuster?

I have a KITY 419 - have you made any mods that I'd find usefull on mine?

Rob.

I have a Kity 419, as well, although only with the mitre (what a goofy track width) and the table extensions.

I noted that you built your own zero-clearance insert, complete with screws. It'd be great to know how you did that.

I've been looking for a used table slide, but that's not likely going to hit my price / comfort range.

In any case, it'd be great to know about the insert, and I'll keep you informed about my router table insert I'm attaching to it.

Thanks, Jim

Hi jim

The zero insert was simply cut to size out of 9mm wood (ply for one and oak for another) and then I ran it over the router table to reduce the thickness to that of the aluminium one on the three sides that abridge the tabletop. I simply drilled and countersunk for the bolts and fitted the insert with the blade wound right down and the riving knife removed. I wound the spinning blade up through the wood to cut the slot. I then removed the insert and used a hand saw to extend the slot for the riving knife and then put everything back.

Tony,

Great, I'll try that.

When I lower my blade, it never gets lower than about 6 mm above the table, never mind below it. Do you use a smaller blade (smaller than the 200 mm) or have you figured out a way to lower the whole assembly?

I thought I was the only Kity owner out there, and it's nice to find a few others.

Thanks, Jim

Latest posts

Back