Tealight makers dilemma

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm off out now to earn a crust, drop me an email if anyone wants a few packs as i'll have no access to the forum today, I'm considering just buying them and if I have any left after sorting the forum members i'll punt them on via ebay, cant believe they are selling on Amazon for 10.99 now, that's a criminal markup.

Some of the LED tea lights are pretty good now and available in lots of colours. Obviously no need for glass holders for them ... :lol:

Rather disturbed to see some Tea light type candles purporting to be beeswax and intended to burn as oils once lit were in polycarbonate holders rather than foil in one of the local supermarkets.

When asked about safety implications, was pointed to large fancy glass holders as being their intended target, hope nobody thinks the clear plastic container is a substitute for a fire safe container.

Maybe they have passed all the appropriate regulation tests but candle in plastic holder does not compute for me.

Is there something better about the Ikea tealights as opposed to other similar ones or is it just they are cheaper.

themackay":2fnqd7vp said:
Is there something better about the Ikea tealights as opposed to other similar ones or is it just they are cheaper.

Primarily the minimalist size, some of the larger incarnations of tealight holders if housed or embellished within wooden holders can become a dominating feature rather than a subtle highlight.

The cost of course is a significant factor if finished items are aimed at the craft stall market.

The only other source of similar sized holders I have come across was on German Christingle markets, just a subtle difference in base moulding and a copper or two dearer, in fact that was my original source until a visit to IKEA turned up a more convenient year round stock source.

The small ones a possibility Greg, but almost £1 each delivered unless you order £50+ to drop the £10 del. they make the price of finished items a little esoteric.

Total before VAT and delivery: £9.60
Delivery: £10.00 (spend £40.40 more for free delivery!)
VAT: £3.92

Total: £23.52

Thanks for the searching.

Robbo3":3686v5ir said:
Not exactly what you are looking for but might suffice.

4 pack Serendipity scented tealights - 99p. My wife says that they are the right size to take a standard tealight once they have been used.

Poundstretcher
- http://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/4pk-scented-tealights

HTH
Those would be a great substitute, all that's needed now is to be able to move the store location balloons around the map. :)

main problem is that they are a one use t light and, if the ones I have had before are typical, too small to use with other t lights when empty. Happy to be corrected.

Pete

Pete
My wife offered up a new tealight in store & says there is ample room - that is providing tealights are a standard size.

Anyone know if they vary in size?

Chas
If you wish, I could buy some tomorrow & post them to you, or you could collect at your leisure if you happen to be passing Witney

I'll let you know tomorrow.

I'll make you the same offer as I made Chas earlier - if it helps. :)

Back