Teak (?) blocks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg W

Reaction score
Hi all

New to Forum, someone might be able to help...

I have some large blocks of what I believe to be teak. They were used as fish cutters blocks for some years but are generally in good condition.

Do they think they have any intrinsic value and if so what as...?

Thanks in advance

G

Stick a photo on here and you will get a lot of help, I reckon. It is difficult to say much without knowing exactly what we are dealing with......

Ironballs":pfz4x6s0 said:
Would also be useful to know if they stink of old fish, won't be many takers if they do :wink:
Well, Aberdeen stinks of old fish, but we keep being told it's the most prosperous place in Britain!
(It's just that nobody seems to have told the council, who are wildly in the red :( )

No, no fishy smell...!! As far as I remember they are about 4 foot by 2 feet and about 3-4 inches thick..but are made of two blocks about 4 ft by 1 ft bolted together with two ends caps at either end....

Greg,

If the wood is reasonably attractive, the 1' width by 3-4'' thick would make nice bowl blanks if you have a lathe and enjoy turning, or know or can sell to someone who does. The 4' length gives you a lot of spindle turning or flat work options, too.

Back