Table Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roskrow

Reaction score
I know this is a topic that has been much discussed.
At present I have a Ryobi EMS1526AL. But the Guides are too narrow to use either the Kreg, or Incra system. The current Balde is 254mm.
I need to be able to cut repeated cuts at specific angle ( do segmented wood turning). I have a chop saw, but the cuts are not accurate enough for say 7.5 degrees.

Which saws have the correct slide width, take a 254/5 blade are accurate and cost NOTHING !!
Any advice is much apreciated. I go away tomorrow for a week so I will be doing nothing until early May.
Thanks

You could replace the guide on the aftermarket mitre gauge with a strip of hardwood , or have a piece of aluminium milled to size, the size of your slot. It is quite a common problem and I would go with the hardwood option.

For such precise angles I would use a Sine Bar. I've written and filmed about this. You do need to have a basic and well-fitted mitre fence (I assume that by Guides you mean mitre slots, the channels milled into the table running from front to back). Most saws come with a basic mitre fence, but it can be made to run true with just a bit of fettling.
I'm not familiar with the Ryobi specifically, but my guess is that it just needs a bit of tickling to run well.
S

Back