Table saw stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woollyback

Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to woodworking (since school anyway :oops: ) and I would like to know if anyone has made a table saw stand or where I can get plans for one.

I would like this to be my first project, I apologise if this is a duplicate thread but I have done a search but not found one similar.

Thanks

The current issue of Shopnotes has a plan. It's more of a cabinet system but may be worth a look.

Now I haven't used my saw since making this but I attached a piece of ply to the bottom of my saw with a large baten across the middle, can then put it in my workmate.

Don't see why this would be less stable than a proper base and its good for me as I have a lack of space. I'm no expert on ergonomics but the workmate without the little legs up seems to put the saw at a really good height for me too :)

Wolly the workmate works fine I did that for a while but I got fed up with the packing and unpacking of the saw and the folding of the workmate. So using some cheap 3/4 ply I made a box at the same height, then I put some castors on it. Now i have a usable movable saw stand. I dont have a plan as its a basic box with a top, bottom, 2 sides, a shelf and a back.

Hi Woollyback, and welcome.

When I built my shed I made several cabinets from MDF, one of which I used for my Bosch table saw. The picture shows it sitting on its side on my Workmate. It has locking casters on the bottom to allow the table saw to be moved around. The box holds various jigs and aids.

shed5.jpg

Bob

Latest posts

Back