Table Saw Sled

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I have watched many You Tube ideas regarding sleds. My problem is my Bestcombi 2000 only has one guide channel which if I made a sled how do I keep it running even. I suppose I could make use of the fence to compensate for not having a second channel. Any ideas please. The other discussion I suppose is do I need a sled anyway, what is the advantage of having one. I have a Lumberjack mitre saw which can do compound mitres both left and right .
20230103_120024 sawtable.jpg

Last edited:
Sled's are ideal for making swift repeat cuts, and from experience even if the t-slot is fabb'd out of hardwood it will last a long time before developing any slop. I made one for an old Axi tablesaw out of American Maple that I was using to re-size some filthy pitch-pine parquet and thousands of blocks later it still runs fine and true - see my thread Labour of love
Ed

Sled's are ideal for making swift repeat cuts, and from experience even if the t-slot is fabb'd out of hardwood it will last a long time before developing any slop. I made one for an old Axi tablesaw out of American Maple that I was using to re-size some filthy pitch-pine parquet and thousands of blocks later it still runs fine and true - see my thread Labour of love
Ed
Thank you imageel for your reply. I think I may have confused the issue slightly by calling the fence a guide. I have edited the post so hopefully it's all a bit clearer. If I use the one channel provided will a sled have cause to stick or slightly go off true while in use?

It looks like your machine takes a sliding table, if you have the sliding table you don't really need a sled.

A single mitre slot on a sled is fine, so long as your trying to make a huge sled.
Here are a couple of single runner sleds.

Latest posts

Back