Table saw shipping to Italy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikey78":16fayg76 said:
HI MikeJhn I thankyou so much for your help !!!
I hope you'll keep giving me your advice and sharing your experience.
I've some few questions to which I would like you to answer :
1) How does the jet saw compare in terms of quality to the Axi saw ?
2) What is the basic fence like ? Is it any good ? Do I need to buy the right hand side extension kit to get a decent fence ?

The jet saw was originally sold by Axminster they stopped selling them just after starting to sell the TS200 and TS250 and others, quality is not that much different, in fact they seem to be phasing out most of the Jet equipment, they have a lot less Jet equipment on offer than they used to have.
Basic fence is not that bad, but the RH extension kit and alternative fence is much better, the lever action pulls a bearing into the rear fence channel to align the fence in its shortest position, the bearing is at 90degs to the bearing on your version, just think about shortest distance between two points and you will see the sense of the TS250 version, when you close the cam action fence lock it pulls the fence into a straight line, obviously you have to have the fence set up somewhere near, also with the sliding table you can throw the mitre gauge in the spare's box, the table is easier to use and once set up and more accurate, just today I trimmed 0.5mm off a piece of 90 x 25 x 600 to make it 90 x 25 x 599.5 its a lot to do with a decent blade as well.

Mike

P.S. the long fence is also accurate enough to cut deeper material by turning the stock over and re-cutting, does not limit you to the 76mm cut in the specification.

Now that looks strongly like a TS200 Mk1 on a cabinet, same screw type fence instead of a locking lever same tapered side's and only 200mm blade?

Mike

Sorry for being so late in replying ... busy days !!!
I'll let you know if I buy any saw !!!

It isnt italian made. Its chinese just like every other saw. Designed in austria, shipped to italy, then to final destination.

But it IS in italy, and delivery is free. That same same model here in Cyprus is just over a thousand euros.

Not so, the Italians manufacture their own machines.
They collaborate their resources and the factory's/foundries are in close proximity to each other.
SCM being the leaders, followed by the likes of ACM, and a few others, some now have ceased.
Griggio being the latest company to go into recievership. :(
Agazzani, only a few years ago.
Saggatari seem to be gone a long while?
There's Meber, not sure what the story is there?
Probably forgetting loads of other companies that made great machines.
I have a Magic tablesaw that has a left and right tilting arbour which I've never seen before

Many threads about the Italian companies are on sawmill creek, mostly in bandsaw discussions.

Tom

I have no idea where Holzman originates from, but as I have already posted this saw that SonnyBob posted earlier : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TABLE-CIRCUL ... SwKXFbO405 is an almost exact clone of the Axminster TS200 Mk 1 with none of the improvements made on the Mk 2 just sitting on a cabinet, lots of complaints about the Mk 1 fence screw adjuster making indents on the rail and making it impossible to finely adjust the fence between the indents, if it does not have the locking lever of the Mk 2 I would steer clear.

Mike

Holzmann is an Austrian company selling machinery manufactured mostly in the China. I have a Holzmann jointer/planer (planer/thicknesser) that is not bashful about showing its pedigree, but then I only paid €900 for it delivered. When I called the Holzmann technical support folks about some replacement parts, the tech confirmed that all of the woodworking machines are made in China at the same factory that makes branded machines for other vendors. Different paint or decals, and you might have an Axminster, Bernardo, Holzmann, Holzstar, or any other similar product at a similar price point.

He was a bit evasive about who designed the machines, but was quick to emphasize that the Holzmann brand was a good balance of quality for the money when compared to Hammer or SCM. This remains to be seen with my purchase.

Don't understand why you would even consider the Holtzman when for the less you can get the next model up in the same range: https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-h ... w-ax943888 add the three items listed in my previous post and get it from Axminster delivered Free to Italy, have I missed something?

MikeJhn":20fxy3nn said:
Add these to the TS250M-2 : https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-h ... kit-508214 and : https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-h ... and-508213 its literally the same as the Jet you posted the link too, plus its new and guaranteed, you may want this as well: https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-h ... kit-508313 it has longer fence rails with it, the Axminster site used to offer all of these as a package on the drop down list on the right of the saw description, but this seems to have disappeared from this current listing.

Mike

Back