table saw buying advice - Record TS200C

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am adding a bandsaw to my tool collection. I am currently looking at buying a record TS200c, it is advertised second hand at £495.
I see that it is available new for approx £850. However, when I do a search of the forums, I see that many people have bought the same model for average of £500-600 new? I am reading this correctly, why has this bandsaw appreciated so much in value?

Also, do you think this is a good buy? I am not a pro - but do want an accurate cutting saw for cabinet work (weekend work only).
Anything to lookout for when buying such a saw?

Many thanks

Hi Prizen, I think the TS200c is a table saw not a band saw but if that is what you want you might get a good deal at D&M Tools of Twickenham.

The TS200C is a decent spec for the price with an integral sliding beam and a solid table, you might want to have a look at the new Shceppach table at a similar price.

I have 3 Record Power machines and have been very pleased with their performance.

woodray":31b1ictc said:
Hi Prizen, I think the TS200c is a table saw not a band saw but if that is what you want you might get a good deal at D&M Tools of Twickenham.

The TS00C is a decent spec for the price with an integral sliding beam and a solid table, you might want to have a look at the new Shceppach table at a similar price.

I have 3 Record Power machines and have been very pleased with their performance.

Hi woodray, yes i meant to type table saw not band saw.
is it worth the extra cash and go buy new?

With a new Record Power machine you will get a 5 year gaurantee and if you buy a second hand one you don't know what sort of abuse the motor has had.
You pay's yer money and yer takes yer choice as they say.
Good luck mate whatever you choose.
Ray

Hi Prizen, I think the TS200C has been replaced by the TS250 with better build and higher spec for £869.00

Hi Prizen

I have several Record Power machines including the TSPP250 and BS350 and i have never experienced any problems with them, very reliable and robust make.

workshop pic 13-001.JPG

workshop pic 12-001.JPG

I would recommend, but at the end of the day only you know your requirements and can make the decision.

Gwilym

Attachments

• workshop pic 13-001.JPG
    workshop pic 13-001.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 97
  • workshop pic 12-001.JPG
    workshop pic 12-001.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 97
Back