Table saw...Axi AW10 or xcalibur HW 110 LGE ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the saw that's top of my list at the moment. House hunting just now so I've been politely asked not to buy any more large pieces of equipment until after we move.
I am keen to see if the saw delivers as expected, good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cheers hotstuff, I'll let you know for sure. Im no expert, but the saw seems superb..table and extensions flat,amazing fence,really decent mitre guage. I've just come in from setting it up but unfortunately I can't start it yet as I need to sort the power supply. ..I'm going to look on this forum for the answer, unless someone can help me here. It looks like a caravan hook-up plug on the saw! Guessing I need the female socket for it and a dedicated supply cable from the consumer unit (type b or c mcb?)? Dunno...but I can't wait to get Harvey up n running!

Cheers

Jules

Put a 13amp plug on it and try it, usually works OK without a 16amp supply as long as the ring main (assumed) does not have anything with excess power is on at the same time.

Mike

Or spur a 16mp outlet off a socket nearby. As Mike says, if your not running heaps at the same time it won't be a problem.

Tried just fitting a 13amp plug. Saw fired for a fraction an blew the fuse. I'll get a 16amp socket in the morning.

I've got a normal ring circuit with 32amp type b mcb. I'm thinking of splitting it into two radial circuits,each with a 20A mcb, one of which the saw can be connected to. The 20A mcb would be more appropriate for a 16A socket,no?? I'll wait to see if anyone will tell me I'm wrong....or enlighten me!

Jules there's been quite a bit of heated debate about giving electrical advice on here so if you do get any I'd suggest assuming it's best to ask a qualified person who has seen your set up. Even if it seems simple.

Understood! I shall get my highly qualified spark friend to advise a professional solution.

It did, Mike! I needed a 16 amp socket o connect to the 16 amp plug on the saw, and basically spurred off the ring circuit via a dp switch.(as hot stuff suggested) This is a temporary but safe connection until my spark friend can come round,so I can play with my new toy!

I remember seeing a vid of the same saw,showing a small coin balanced on edge on the table without moving as the saw was started and run. Had to try it !..and sure enough, a 1p sat there quite happily on it's edge, and only turned a little when placed too near the blade, where it caught the air movement from the spinning blade!

Jules

The 16amp socket did not cure the problem it was the spur circuit, but I'm glad it all worked out in the end, enjoy your saw.

Mike

Thanks mike. Yes,I realised that after I posted. The 16A socket was just a connector. NOT having a 13A fuse in the power supply was what fixed it.

Cheers

Jules

Back