Hikoki 36V Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark18PLL

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have been looking for a new tablesaw after selling my Dewalt. I know alot of people use site saws to fit in smaller workshops but often complain about noise levels and I see people asking about smaller saw with induction motors.

Anyway I came across the Hikoki 36v tablesaw which can also be powered with a mains adapter and to top it off it is brushless. I have tried to get some information from Hikoki regarding the motor and noise level but they do not have anything, which I find odd. You would think they would be shouting from the roof if it has a brushless/induction motor that doesn't scream every time you turn it on.

I am not sure if its the right saw for me as I wanted a cast iron bed but it might help someone.

Does anyone have one of these?

Thanks
Mark

So I have been looking for a new tablesaw after selling my Dewalt. I know alot of people use site saws to fit in smaller workshops but often complain about noise levels and I see people asking about smaller saw with induction motors.

Anyway I came across the Hikoki 36v tablesaw which can also be powered with a mains adapter and to top it off it is brushless. I have tried to get some information from Hikoki regarding the motor and noise level but they do not have anything, which I find odd. You would think they would be shouting from the roof if it has a brushless/induction motor that doesn't scream every time you turn it on.

I am not sure if its the right saw for me as I wanted a cast iron bed but it might help someone.

Does anyone have one of these?

Thanks
Mark
Being cordless I doubt it's noisy it will be based on cordless drill architecture I would expect.

Being cordless I doubt it's noisy it will be based on cordless drill architecture I would expect.
It's not totally cordless as you can get a mains adapter for it, which I thought was a great idea. Festool missed a trick with the battery powered saw I think.

It's not totally cordless as you can get a mains adapter for it, which I thought was a great idea. Festool missed a trick with the battery powered saw I think.
I agree but it's motor will be a brushless drill type rather than a brushed deafening machine!

Just remember to factor in the cost of the Hikoki 36v multivolt batteries. Unless of course you are already a Hikoki user.

I recently bought the 36v 1/2 router and that only works with Hikoki batteries, I have some third party one that simply don't work, although they do work in the rest of the Hikoki gear.

Or do you plan of just running off the main? In that case ignore me 😝

Back